- The Flood of '94: Albany and Southwest Georgia 20 years later
- Lamad Ministries properties bring $4.1 million in online auction
- Albany police respond to report of gunshots
- Albany police issue lookout for wanted man
- Insurers to pay $11 million in Georgia rebates
- Update: HOW THEYRE BITIN: Southwest Georgia fishing - July 25, 2014 weekend
- Religion Bulletin - July 25, 2014
- Update: Albany Almanac - July 26, 2014
- Update: Bright of the Day - July 26, 2014
- Update: Squawk of the Day - July 26, 2014
- Albany-Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports — July 26, 2014
Dunkin Donuts francisee excited about location in Albany 48 minutes ago
No deal yet with Mediacom, SEC Network 48 minutes ago
ALBANYHERALD.COM: Get it to go!
Daily summaries and Breaking News alerts to your inbox -- free for all registered users. Sign In to Sign Up
- No deal yet with Mediacom, SEC Network 48 minutes
- Bright of the Day - July 26, 2014 48 minutes
- Squawk of the Day - July 26, 2014 48 minutes
- South Georgia farmers hope Satsuma oranges produce sweet results 48 minutes
- E.J. DIONNE: Justice blinded by ideology 48 minutes
- Insurers to pay $11 million in Georgia rebates 48 minutes
- Cancer care in Georgia maks milestone with MD Anderson affiliation 48 minutes
- Dunkin Donuts francisee excited about location in Albany 48 minutes
- Lamad Ministries properties bring $4.1 million in online auction 48 minutes
- Albany Almanac - July 26, 2014 48 minutes
- JUDY GLASS: Dougherty School System should address technology initiative 48 minutes
- EDWARD SCHWEIKERT: Traffic light needed at Oakland on U.S. Highway 82 48 minutes
- PATRISE M. PERKINS-HOOKER: Georgia Leagal Services earns national award 48 minutes
- BOB KORNEGAY: Legs and terrapins should run for cover 48 minutes
- Albany-Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports — July 26, 2014 1 hour, 18 minutes
- Albany police investigate fast food break-in 1 hour, 18 minutes
- Albany police respond to report of gunshots 1 hour, 18 minutes
- Albany police issue lookout for wanted man 1 hour, 18 minutes
- Jason Heyward’s bat heating up 5 hours, 18 minutes
- Former Brave Jeff Francoeur comes home to Atlanta with new mindset 5 hours, 18 minutes
- Shanea Armbrister representing Darton at All-Star weekend 5 hours, 18 minutes
- HOW THEYRE BITIN: Southwest Georgia fishing - July 25, 2014 weekend 12 hours, 45 minutes
- Rams reload with former Albany prep stars 23 hours, 18 minutes
- Albany Area Crime Stoppers Most Wanted Fugitive - July 25, 2014 1 day
- FRIDAY JAM: Big Pine festival lineup announced 1 day
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Kindness, gentleness on endangered list 1 day
- Religion Bulletin - July 25, 2014 1 day
John Anderson and Clarence Carter will head up October's Big Pine Music Festival at the Albany fairgrounds ... Pretty Penny and Recreational Chemistry are next up in a series of in-store concerts in Albany.
FAITH: Few political candidates endorse kindness strategy
Our daily behavior produces monumental, long term results. The choice is between whether by our behavior we want to build a better world or a more hostile place.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: A electronic news sources fragment, it leads to erosion of faith in the electoral process
A study of the 2012 presidential election found that those who believed the challenger would win lost faith in government, democracy and the election process when that wishful thinking proved to be a false hope. The researcher says reliance on fragmenting electronic media contributes to the problem.
OUTDOORS: Sometimes poor timing can be fatal
With the exceptions of thunderstorms and 100 percent humidity, few things ruin an otherwise pleasant warm-weather outing like the sight of some people clad in short pants.
OPINION: Determining winners and losers entails mulling records both on field and at the police station
Auburn is ready for another run at a national title … or the SEC cellar.
DIXIE DIVA: Good decisions pay off over a lifetime
She took nothing that wasn’t hers but she didn’t give up anything, either. Kinda cool, don’t you think?
There's a brick building on Pine Avenue that, from the outside, appears traditional and unassuming.
The following is a list of events happening in the area this week.
Seasons Christian residents face uncertain future as property undergoes bankruptcy proceedings
Three properties owned by Lamad Ministries bring in bids of $4.1 million in an online auction.
- The Flood of 1994: July 13 - President Clinton tours Albany disaster area
- The Flood of 1994: July 12 - Phase 2 of recovery begins in Albany
- The Flood of 1994: July 11 - The Flint River crests in Albany
- Misspelled highway sign points to Georgia college
- Ga. Walmart evacuated after child starts fire trying to open toy