- Important message regarding email submissions to The Albany Herald
- Affordable Health Care Act explained at Dougherty County civic club
- Large crowd takes pipeline concerns to federal officials at Albany meeting
- Seven more enter crowded primary field
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Religion Bulletin March 7, 2014
- Albany Heart Walk set for Saturday
- Bright of the Day - March 7, 2014
- Squawk of the Day - March 7, 2014
- Albany-Dougherty Police/Fire/EMS reports - March 7, 2014
Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY) 1 day, 6 hours ago
Chehaw welcomes new resident 1 day ago
Twin Oaks to present two weekends of entertainment 1 day, 5 hours ago
ALBANYHERALD.COM: Get it to go!
Daily summaries and Breaking News alerts to your inbox -- free for all registered users. Sign In to Sign Up
- Albany Area Crime Stoppers Most Wanted Fugitive - March 8, 2014 10 minutes
- CHARLES O. OCHIE SR.: Reentry failure is to costly to communities 10 minutes
- Albany-Dougherty Police/Fire/EMS reports - March 8, 2014 10 minutes
- Dog dispute in Lee County heads to Superior Court 10 minutes
- Clayton hospital seeks help from taxpayers 10 minutes
- Metro Albany Winn-Dixies to convert into Harveys supermarkets 10 minutes
- Squawk of the Day - March 8, 2014 10 minutes
- Foreign scammers active in Albany area 10 minutes
- Bright of the Day - March 8, 2014 10 minutes
- Special called election to be held to fill Dougherty County Commission District 5 seat 10 minutes
- E.J. DIONNE: Even when agreeing, Obama foes blame him first 10 minutes
- Albany Almanac - March 8, 2014 10 minutes
- Qualifying for May 2014 primary ends with a couple of surprises 40 minutes
- Darton diver Crawford Berry wins another NJCAA title 2 hours, 40 minutes
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Wood driven by competition and skeptics 2 hours, 40 minutes
- Crisp Academy girls cruise into GISA Class A finals 2 hours, 40 minutes
- LOCAL COLLEGE HOOPS ROUNDUP: Albany State women advance to SIAC title game 2 hours, 40 minutes
- Reed grabs Doral lead as Woods and Scott struggle 2 hours, 40 minutes
- Westwood girls hold on, top Arlington Christian in state semis 2 hours, 40 minutes
- Lee Sheriff’s Office issues lookout 12 hours, 10 minutes
- Important message regarding email submissions to The Albany Herald 13 hours, 22 minutes
- Squawk of the Day - March 7, 2014 23 hours, 40 minutes
- JOHN WALLACE: Stagecoach Mary broke barriers ... and a few noses 1 day
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote? 1 day
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Once upon a moonbeam 1 day
- Religion Bulletin March 7, 2014 1 day
- Bright of the Day - March 7, 2014 1 day
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: A political decision by President Obama will have negative repercussion on the economy of Georgia
Despite all other hurdles being cleared and clear direction from Congress in its appropriations act, the Obama administration has denied funding for deepening work to start in the Savannah Habor, causing Georgia’s port to risk falling behind competition for new super-sized ships.
FAITH: Failing to understand others’ religious motivations leads to marginalizing
There is little wiggle room in the church any more and those who seek consensus are often portrayed as soft-headed and soft-hearted.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Born a slave, Mary Fields became the first black woman hired by the post office at age 63
Stagecoach Mary Fields broke racial and gender barriers, along with some noses, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
OPINION: Being on the cutting edge of fashion this year has a tough requirement
Announcing sexual preferences seems to be the in thing for 2014.
OPINION: TV reporter, writer lived a compelling life to the end
Getting to know journalist Ed Lightsey proves that misguided first impressions aren’t always the best.
SHERIFF’S COLUMN: Springtime is in the air!
Spring or springtime is the season for renewal, rejuvenation, and resurrection. It is also the time of year for many people to get out and begin enjoying several months of outdoor recreation.
The following is a list of events happening in the area this week.
- Westwood girls hold on, top Arlington Christian in state semis
- Bulldogs’ win sets stage for showdown at LSU
- CHAMPS!!!: Randolph-Clay girls dominate Mitchell County for state title
- Mitchell County's 'special season' ends in heartbreak
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTEBOOK: Randolph-Clay coach Acree drinks sweet tea from championship cup
Chehaw animal park welcomes new resident, Bogart the camel
Chehaw now has a new resident, Bogart, a bactrian camel, formerly of the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Delta to reward frequent flier miles based on ticket price
- Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county's dropout rate
- Crewmember on Greg Allman biopic 'Midnight Rider' killed during train mishap
- Univ. of Mississippi to question three students from Ga. about noose on statue