ALBANY -- Rounding up prostitutes and "johns" started at 9:30 a.m. and ran until about 3 p.m. Thursday, said Dougherty County Sheriff's Office Capt. Craig Dodd.
"We do this whenever we have enough traffic on the street or complaints, about once a month," Dodd said. "They (prostitutes) get out there as soon as the day starts to warm up."
Thursday's sting took place along Highland and Whitney avenues and the area south of there, Dodd said. A male deputy, who was propositioned by prostitutes, worked the morning shift. In the afternoon, female deputies attracted the johns.
"We had prostitutes ranging in age from 17 to 30," Dodd said. "Jackie Brown was a man who kept insisting he was a woman. (Koyota Latreese) Williams grabbed the deputy in the groin. Ricardo Ford is a registered sex offender for aggravated assault with attempt to rape."
According to sheriff's reports, the following were arrested and charged:
- Raven Natasha Carter, 30, of Albany for possession and use of drug-related objects (crack pipe), solicitation of oral sodomy and prostitution.
- Koyota Latreese Williams, 34, of Albany for possession and use of drug related objects (crack pipe), sexual battery and prostitution.
- Nakeshia Nicole Keith, 17, of Albany for solicitation of oral sodomy and prostitution.
- Jackie Napoleon Brown, 33, of Albany for solicitation of oral sodomy.
- Clifford Lee Battle, 17, of Albany for pandering.
- Jamie Lee Gaines, 29, of Albany for pandering.
- Ricardo Lotez Ford, 32, of Albany for pandering.
- Billy Franklin Dorsey, 36, of Worth County for pandering.
All of the above remained in Dougherty County Jail Friday night except Gaines, Ford and Dorsey, who have apparently bailed out, a jail spokeswoman said.