Friday, July 23, 2010
© Copyright 2013
Albany fire fighters perform salvage work Friday after putting out a kitchen fire at Glenwood Manor Apartments on West Gordon Avenue.
ALBANY, Ga. -- Unattended food on an stove caused a fire Friday at Glenwood Manor Apartments at 2315 West Gordon Ave., resulting in $5,000 in damage to the apartment and $2,500 to its contents, firefighters reported.
The Albany Fire Department, responding to a call at 10:50 a.m. Friday, sent five trucks to the scene. When the AFD arrived, firefighters found smoke coming from Apartment 17. Tyra Glaze is listed as the tenant on the incident report.
Firefighters gained entry through a broken living room window and made their way to this kitchen where they encountered the fire.
The blaze, which caused heavy fire and smoke damage to the kitchen, was quickly brought under control. The rest of the apartment suffered light smoke damage.
After controlling the fire, firefighters then forced entry into the apartment directly above the unit of origin for fire control and search and rescue. No one was was home and that apartment received light smoke damage.
There were no injures resulting from the fire.