Monday, July 26, 2010
© Copyright 2015
ALBANY -- A household was sent to the hospital Sunday morning after becoming ill from exposure to pesticides, said Dougherty County EMS Director Bobby Tripp.
The Albany Fire Department was called to a residence on Banks Avenue at approximately 3:51 a.m. Sunday after occupants of the home complained of feeling sick.
Assistant Fire Chief Allen Cravey said the residents had sprayed a chemical underneath the home Saturday in an attempt to deter fleas.
"The occupants said they were feeling sick and vomiting and had to be transported to the hospital," said the assistant fire chief.
Cravey said after the occupants were transported by EMS to the hospital, fire fighters then checked the home and secured it.
Tripp said three or four people were in the home and had to be treated.
Both agencies said they had no additional information about the incident at this time.