ALBANY, Ga. -- A raid at CoCo Nutts Lounge led to the confiscation of cocaine, marijuana prescription pills, automatic handguns and 13 arrests at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, stated an Albany Police Department Gang Unit report.
"Reports of gang activity at the club led to search warrants for the lounge at 400 Blaylock St.," said Phyllis Banks, police spokeswoman. "The Gang Unit acted as the main agency on the multi-agency raid."
The raid was precipitated by reports of gang activity at the lounge, Banks said. The names of the gang or gangs were not immediately released.
No resistance or any injuries as a result of the raid were reported. By executing search warrants police found 11.3 grams of cocaine, 102.6 grams of marijuana, 2.8 grams of Xanex, $220 in cash and three automatic handguns.
Reported arrested in the raid:
- Sean Frazier, aggravated assault and gang participation.
- Cedric Robinson, Timmaneshia Martin and Gabrian Boyd possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
- Quintavis Mathis and Christopher Simmons, possession of a firearm by a person under 18, possession of marijuana and cocaine with intent to distribute and underage person on the premises.
- Brandon Stokes, possession of marijuana and cocine with the intent to distribute.
- Javorie Williams, Arlexis Green and Roger Farmer Jr., possession of cocaine.
- Richard Carter, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
- Serard Irvin, possession of a firearm bu a felon and carrying a concealed weapon.
- Katrina McDowell, probation violation.
The following authorities also participated in executing the warrants: Albany Metro SWAT Team, Albany-Dougherty County Drug Unit, Albany Police Special Detail Unit, Albany Probation Office, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and the Dougherty County Sheriff's Office.