Thursday, September 30, 2010
© Copyright 2013
ALBANY, Ga. -- An Albany residence has been gutted by flames this afternoon.
Lottie Peterson came home 5:20 p.m. to find that her house had been severely damaged by fire.
The house at 509 Southgate Ave. was reported at 4:48 p.m. It was under control at 5:08 p.m.
Margaret Marshall, a next door neighbor, said she heard loud noises, looked out her window, saw smoke coming out of the house and called 911.
No injuries were reported.
No cause has been determined. At 5:30 p.m., firefighters were still spraying water on the structure and examining it.