Squawk of the Day - Dec. 31, 2011

"For those that decided they are going to move to Lee County due to CRCT cheating in Dougherty: I am certain they would find cheating in Lee also if they did an investigation."

Comments

Spike 2 years, 7 months ago

That's the answer. Typical ad hominem reasoning. Let's talk about other deficiencies to negate our own. There is cheating in every system just not to the extent that Albany has it. That's the point. There is a certain allowance within the system and when you have an anomaly that triggers the alarm it is a sign that your internal controls have failed. All counties indeed have cheating in them BUT the difference is that they discourage it and address it BEFORE it reaches epidemic levels.

Sally_O 2 years, 7 months ago

Everybody seems to think moving to Lee county is the answer and will solve all their problems. That is one of the problems in Albany now. Instead of standing up for your rights, people bail out, turn tail and run.

bubbavet 2 years, 7 months ago

WHAT RIGHTS? YOU ARE A FOOL TO STAY. I'LL TAKE MY TAX DOLLARS ELSEWHERE.

Sally_O 2 years, 7 months ago

Well I could move to Lee County, but they have just as much problems with car break-ins, Burglaries and drugs. You can't run from it.

VSU 2 years, 7 months ago

You may have a point. Think about it! Assuming the person moving to Lee County is white, that is just another white vote leaving Albany. Think about when the white people moved from East Albany to West Albany and then on to Lee County and then we wonder why BJ Fletcher didn't get enough votes to win the mayor's race. We wonder why the school board members were voted in. Truth of the matter is, the white people turned tail and ran from Albany, yet complain about what it has become. I'm not saying white people made Albany great, just saying they lost voters that could have made a difference.

Jimboob 2 years, 7 months ago

I am sure that the DCSS corruption is not the only reason someone would move to Lee County. It would be better to place children in private schools and work to weed out the problems. As Dr. Willoughby says “You get what you accept”.

Somebody 2 years, 7 months ago

I lived in Lee County once, but too many people with their noses in the air so I moved out.

Sally_O 2 years, 7 months ago

Lee County only #20? I rest my case. If I was gonna move out of DOCO, I'd go all the way to the top #1 school.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 7 months ago

Guess you r moving to Oconee Co. then, wherever the crap that is.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 7 months ago

The 10 years my child has been in the Lee County Schools, she has never once been prompted or assisted on tests. She says "you are on your own". I did a google search of public school rankings in GA and LCSS is #20 out of 164 Systems and DCSS is #129. Go see for yourself... http://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/districtrank.aspx

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

Everytime I go into a restaurant in Albany I can spot the Lee County people a mile away. The men look like red neck good 'ol boys and the girls look like streetwalkers. It's really pretty easy to spot them.

Lee Co. men: take off your hats indoors. Lee Co. women: stop your trolling attire.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

you heard me. Truth Hurts but God say I gotta tell it.

Jimboob 2 years, 7 months ago

Ok, let me see. Being a redneck and wearing trashy clothes is about the same in God's eyes as lying, cheating and stealing... I must be going to the wrong church... Or maybe not.

waltspecht 2 years, 7 months ago

I live in Lee County. I don't wear a hat indoors and my Wife certainly doesn't dress like a street walker. As to the Red Neck part, maybe just a little has rubbed off on me in the 32 years I have lived in Lee. However most of the Redneck probably comes from Charleston, SC. when I spent 6 1/2 years there in the NAVY. Now as to real street walkers, might I recommend Mott Rd, certain trailer parks and certainly downtown and in the area they call Harlem. All of those have been documented in the Squak Box, and the arrest records. Then there was the famous house of ill reput out on Old Dawson that got raided and all the paperwork seems to have gotten lost as to who the clients were, because of who they were. No County is perfect, nor are they populated by perfect people. As to cheating in schools I believe individual cheating may have been going on since schools started. However, this organized cheating is of a different degree, and involves those who are supposed to monitor and prevent any cheating. Letting some of your prejudice show are you Sister Ruby?

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

I have never seen you in an Albany restaurant apparently.

You are just mad because I want the Herald to give you and Valkey a haitus for a few months.

waltspecht 2 years, 7 months ago

Not mad, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I have never tried to silence any poster, even one that would invoke the name of the Lord for their own benefit or justification.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't evoke nothing. God say we all got to tell the truth.

waltspecht 2 years, 7 months ago

Speaking of truth! Why are most of your posts presented as a women of little education and schooling, and some are remarkedly articulate, thought out and spelled correctly without any of the fake Ebonic approach?

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

God say tell the truth but He don't say we got to tell everything we know

Shinedownfan 2 years, 7 months ago

What about me? I have lived 20 years in Albany, and 17 in Lee Co. Unless you look at my car tag, I bet you cant tell where I live!

whattheheck 2 years, 7 months ago

If you will look at Vol 2 of the CRCT report, there is a table in the back of all schools in the state and the percentage of classes in each school that were identified as "questionable". I think you will quickly see that Lee is without question not like DCSS. Was there no cheating in Lee? One cannot say none occurred but if it did the pencil eraser was not the weapon of choice. I think one could say Vol 2 "speaks volumes" when it comes to determining which county uses the eraser.

albanyherald1 2 years, 7 months ago

Born and raised in Albany, Georgia. Attended private school for elementary and middle school. Attended Monroe for high school. Stayed until my first born was in second grade. Then moved to Lee County specifically for their school system. That was 14 years ago. Currently have two more children attending Lee County Schools. I have NEVER regretted that move. DCSS was bad back when I attended, but they are FAR worse now. While no school system is perfect, and Lee County doesn't claim to be, there are BETTER school systems than Dougherty County out there (Lee County just happens to be WAY better). I will choose BETTER any day, than subject my children to DCSS. Yes, my husband is a redneck in his spare time (not a hillbilly, a redneck), but he is a professional by day. I am certainly no street walker. My mama didn't raise me to act like that. Just because I crossed the county line didn't change who I am. But it changed the environment that my children will be raised in. And quit trying to deflect the attention off of DCSS. Accept your consequences, learn from your errors and move on to better yourselves.

agirl_25 2 years, 7 months ago

Well said.......very well said!!