Teenager dies from electric shock

ALBANY, Ga. -- Area emergency personnel report that a 17-year-old Lee County teen died as a result of a plumbing accident on Tuesday.

Benjamin Graham was performing a plumbing job Tuesday morning at a home on the 800 block of West Gordon Avenue when he was electrocuted, authorities said.

Firefighters with the Albany Fire Department were among the responders at the scene, but, according to officials, there was not much its crews could do by the time they arrived.

"He (Graham) was working under the house with another person," said AFD Assistant Fire Chief Allen Cravey. "(Graham) was electrocuted, and the other person got out from underneath the house and cut the power."

Emergency medical crews transported the teen to Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital while performing Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.

At the time, he was considered to be "extremely critical," Cravey said.

A hospital spokeswoman confirmed that Graham died at Phoebe sometime before 1:45 p.m. Tuesday.

Graham was a student at Lee County High School. Kevin Dowling, his principal, described the 17-year-old just hours after his death as a good-natured "blue-collar kid."

"He was a kid that put in a hard day's work," Dowling said. "He was not a typical teenage boy.

"He was loved by many at our school. He will be greatly missed."