Gunmen keep the Albany Police Department busy Monday

ALBANY, Ga. -- The Albany Police Department had a busy morning long before dawn broke on Monday. Three incidents involved handguns, including a robbery at gunpoint.

That armed robbery occurred about 1:30 a.m. when Corey Acree, 28, encountered two armed men at 1601 Gardner Drive.

"Officers responded to the location in reference to an armed robbery," said Phyllis Banks, spokeswoman for the APD. "The victim reported that he was approached by the suspects and (that) they demanded his money."

The culprits where successful in getting money from Acree, but authorities did not say how much was stolen.

The suspects were described as two black males between 5-foot-11 and 6-foot-1 in height and weighing somewhere between 130-200 pounds. One was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, and the other was wearing a red shirt with black shorts.

The case was forwarded to the APD's investigation unit for follow-up.

Thirty minutes before that incident, an aggravated assault victim was shot at near Riverfront Park on the west side of the Flint River.

Officers responded to the 100 block of West Society Avenue to take a statement from the victim, identified as Stephen Enos, 56.

"The victim reported that three black males approached him while he was walking in Turtle Park," Banks said. "They ordered him to get on the ground. He refused and one of the suspects fired a shot at him. The victim fled the scene."

Nothing was taken from Enos, and he escaped without any injuries.

The downtown incident also remains under investigation.

Back in East Albany just before 4 a.m. another aggravated assault took place on the 400 block of South McKinley Street. Officers responded to 711 W. Lincoln Ave., where the officers took the account of the victim, a 15-year-old male.

"Officers responded to the location in reference to an aggravated assault," Banks said. "The victim told police that while he was walking home, he got into a verbal argument with the suspects. The suspects approached him and began to physically assault him. He told police one of the suspects hit him with a handgun."

The three incidents remained under investigation late Monday evening and there were no reports of arrests.