0

Electrical short sparks fire at Albany nightclub

Photo by David Demarest

Photo by David Demarest

ALBANY, Ga.: The Albany Fire Department says that faulty electrical equipment sparked a small fire at an Albany night club early Tuesday morning.

The Ozone Sports Bar and Lounge caught fire around 5 a.m., Assistant Chief Allen Cravey said.

While the fire was mostly confined to small closet in the rear of the building, it did cause an estimated $15,000 in damage and will likely keep the club closed for several days as repairs are made, he said.

There were no injuries reported.