Woman, kids survive east Albany crash

ALBANY -- A mother and her three children are expected to recover following a crash they were involved in Sunday evening in East Albany.

Tammara Bobb, 27, was driving west in a Chevrolet Avalanche on East Oglethorpe Boulevard just before 10:30 p.m.

When she reached the 2200 block of the street, Bobb struck a curb and overcorrected. The car flipped over at least three times, the Albany Police Department said.

Also in the vehicle were Kazdyn Carr, 5, and twins Zariah and Damaiya Jones, 3. Kazdyn was ejected from the vehicle and eventually sent to a hospital in Macon -- but was expected to be discharged Monday.

The twins were also ejected from the vehicle. They sustained minor injuries and have been discharged from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital.

Bobb was also transported to Phoebe, but released on Sunday, the APD said.

The crash remains under investigation. No charges had been filed Monday.

No other vehicles were involved in the crash. No further information was made available about the incident on Monday.

Comments

chinaberry25 2 years, 10 months ago

She is going to be charged in the violation of seat belt in the cruelty to children. Why do you women have babies and are too lazy to buckle them in. It is a lot less trouble that having to take care of them after they are hurt. DFAS should take over now and cut her welfare check off. That money would hurt her the most.

Parent 2 years, 10 months ago

What makes you think she is on welfare?

SHUKOBIE 2 years, 10 months ago

@CHINABERRY25 SHE'S NOT ON WELFARE YOU MUST BE?

deno32 2 years, 10 months ago

Thank You Lord 4 sparing their lives!!!!!

deno32 2 years, 10 months ago

Must have been on her phone tryna text. That's all I can think of...

SHUKOBIE 2 years, 10 months ago

WHAT YALL THINK DONT MATTER. WELFARE YOU MUST BE ON WELFARE SHE NOT NEED IT YOU MUST NEED SOME MONEY SINCE YOU THINK SHE GOT TO BE ON WELFARE MAN YOU NEED TO GROW UP CHINABERRY25 YES I CALLED YOU OUT. EVERYBODY BLACK DONT HAVE TO BE ON WELFARE

Jacob 2 years, 10 months ago

Really? You are that illiterate and choose to publicly expose your inability to type a coherent thought? Let me go out on a limb. Were you educated by the DCSS?

gotanyfacts 2 years, 10 months ago

Shukobie, The article doesn't indicate race. No one mentioned race. Why would race come to mind?

supersquawker 2 years, 10 months ago

The kids were hers but with different last names? How does that happen?

SHUKOBIE 2 years, 10 months ago

dont worry bout shukobie cause one thing bout what you talkin bout dont even hurt me baby. YES THEY DO WHO SAYS YO KIDS HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME. BECAUSE EVERY TIME YALL SEE A BLACK MOTHER AND THERES KIDS YALL THINK ITS SOMETHING BOUT WELFARE. Im her 1st cousin I know this girl you can ask her for anything and she would give you her last so before you talk about her think about how you would feel if it was your kids. SO WHAT YOU ARE TALKIN DONT MATTER.

Jacob 2 years, 10 months ago

Sometimes it is better to keep silent and let some people think you are fool than to open your mouth and let everyone KNOW you are a fool.

ittybittyme 2 years, 10 months ago

Shukobie...you make some valid points. I only find fault with your spelling, sentence structure and subject-verb agreement, which makes you lack some credibility. I hope the next time you post something you would consider spelling your words correctly. structuring your sentences so they flow and make sense, and that the words "YO" (your) and "THERES(There are)." You appear to be quite ghetto because you are not a well-written individual.

gotanyfacts 2 years, 10 months ago

Shukobie, Again why are you bringing up race? What makes you think anyone thought these people are black?

albanyherald1 2 years, 10 months ago

Shukobie, you really aren't helping your cousins case much. Aside from the welfare comment, which was assumed without knowing the full facts, it doesn't matter how kind and generous a person she is, she did not have her children safely secured in the car. Not only is it against the law, it is irresponsible as a parent. Simply barking back at the responses on this page is not a defense to erase what she did, or the lack of what she did. Those children could have been killed! Hopefully she will wise up after this.

firefly 2 years, 10 months ago

This could have ended very differently and I praise GOD that the children are okay!

supersquawker 2 years, 10 months ago

I never seen one like this not ridin' around with a cell phone plastered upside her head and mouth going ninety to nothing.

mrnobody 2 years, 10 months ago

Someone who is too STUPID or too LAZY to not buckle their children up in their car (if that is actually the reason they were ejected), does not need to have children to begin with. It takes about 30 seconds to buckle one child in. Hopefully these kids will be able to live with someone who cares enough for them to take simple steps to protect them in the future.

I hate it for this mom when these kids are old enough to realize what their mother nearly did to them because of her stupidity and laziness. That's going to be a tough conversation.

But hey, this is Albany. Where does the wheel of responsibility land here? The wreck was probably the curb's fault for being next to the side of the road. Can you sue a curb?

ameek86 2 years, 10 months ago

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT HAVING TWO 3 YR. OLD BABIES IN A CAR SEAT. NONE. I'm just going to say it : People who do that are STUPID. She should be ARRESTED. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5 yr. old was, by law, supposed to be in a car/booster seat. It's a shame that you have to have a license to drive but not to have children. I bet if you went through her phone you would find that she was operating it during or right before the time of the accident.

Outtahere 2 years, 10 months ago

I agree with everyone here: I am very glad that the children are okay!! Thank the Lord! However....... the mother?! Why in the world would you not buckle your children in their seats?? What is more important than their safety?? There are soooo many children out there that has a mother just like this one - irresponsible with priorities out of wack! I feel sorry for the children and hope that they get the care that they deserve! Mothers having children that they can not or do not want to take care of it one of Albany's biggest problems!

Parent 2 years, 10 months ago

FYI: You can buckle your children in their seats and guess what? Sometimes they will unbuckle the seat without your knowledge. She could have been distracted by telling them "get back in your seat" and that could have been the reason for the accident. But, no one thinks that far ahead because all you people want do is be the JUDGE and the JURY for every situation!! Regardless if all her kids are from different men or not, at least they are not hurt and she is still alive to make it right.

Outtahere 2 years, 10 months ago

Parent: You are correct! Children do unbuckle their seat belts and after reading your post, I wondered if I had jumped to conclusions myself. I guess we really won't know for sure. Maybe she was distracted trying to get them to settle down or buckle back in. However, two days ago before I even read this story I saw a woman driving an SUV with her windows down. Staring right at me from the passenger seat was a little girl about three years old!! No car seat and she obviously wasn't buckled; just hanging out of the window waving at me. The woman had the radio blasting pretty loud. Anyway, I am glad that this woman's three small children are ok!

albanyherald1 2 years, 10 months ago

All three children unbuckled themselves at the same time??? Hmmmm. Doubt it.

uga 2 years, 10 months ago

jacob you had a good point but i don't think that DCSS puts students out like that they maybe be able to write a little better then she did.

adchix 2 years, 8 months ago

Feel the love in Albany . . . So glad to be gone. Also glad everybody is recovering.