Squawk of the Day - Nov. 25, 2011

"I wish some artists could come up with some new Christmas songs. Hearing 27 renditions of “Jingle Bells” just doesn’t get me in the mood."

Comments

waltspecht 2 years, 4 months ago

Some Classics will never fade. White Christmas, Silent Night and Jinglebells are some of those. Just be glad your here to see another Christmas with Family and Friends and appreciate what's out there. There are a whole bunch of folks that will never hear Jingle Bells again.

bubbavet 2 years, 4 months ago

AMEN WALT, BUT I CAN'T GET "GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER" OUT OF MY HEAD. MERRY CHRISTMAS

VSU 2 years, 4 months ago

Somebody is always complaining about something, now they are complaining about Christmas songs. Here's some new songs for you..."Santa Claus got shot by Mr. Scrooge"..."Santa got mugged by a street thug" "The final year of Christmas" Hope you are happy now.

supersquawker 2 years, 4 months ago

Well I could listen to Robert Earl Keene's "Merry Christmas from the Family" a hundred times a day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPi...

supersquawker 2 years, 4 months ago

What I really can't take are those so-called "soul" renditions with all them extra notes all over the place. Just showing off.

ameek86 2 years, 4 months ago

I wish folks would at least wait until November to start playing Christmas songs. By the time it gets here I am soooo tired of Christmas songs.

squawkee 2 years, 4 months ago

To the squawker that doesn't like the renditions with "soul" in them, why do you care? Simply change your station or leave that store. 99% of the renditions everyone hears are the so-called "classic" versions! Everyone's voice does not sound the same and everyone was not raised singing out of their nose!