Squawk of the day - Oct. 4, 2011

"Anyone who delivers pizza in Albany deserves a medal for bravery."

Comments

KaosinAlbany 3 years, 2 months ago

It's pretty bad when you have to risk your life just to deliver pizza these days. I have a feeling most pizza places are going to cut this kind of job out and just go to pick up only.

Somebody 3 years, 2 months ago

They also deserve tips as well. Some drivers will deliver pizzas in bad neighborhoods and get no tip at all. Sometimes they go into good neighborhoods and don't get tipped. Some customers get mad at the delivery driver if a pizza is late, and most times it's not the drivers fault. Customers should give pizza delivery drivers tips, or burn their own gas and pick up their own pizza. People always make fun of pizza delivery drivers, when in fact they should respect and appreciate them. I always give the driver at least 4 to 5 dollars.

Still_Here 3 years, 2 months ago

Good for you We always tip our pizza person

Alb5any 3 years, 2 months ago

Somebody - Obviously you are a driver yourself...you don't have to hide behind a screen name. Hats off to ya.

Somebody 3 years, 2 months ago

No, I am not a driver, I used to be years ago, but I know people who drive and hear their stories, and there are a lot of cheapskates out there.

Jmcdow 3 years, 2 months ago

Any person in the service industry such as this or waitress or waiter is subject to being stiffed..I hate seeing a waiter or waitress have to clean up behind a family that has a kid out of control..Slings food everywhere and all over the floor..They cater to this family making sure they are served to the max..Then they get up and leave that big mess and leave a dollar as a tip...Thats a slap in the face...I guess I'm just trying to say,Tip you server,They have bills to pay too...Treat them as if they are family...I am not in this Industry..Just my opinion...

Alb5any 3 years, 2 months ago

I agree with you 100%. God bless you.