Breaking News

Lewis-Polite wins DCSS Teacher of the Year April 17, 2014

Squawk of the day - April 5, 2012

"In December, my sister sent a Christmas card with a gift card of $50 to us but all we received was an empty envelope that had been opened. In February our relatives sent my husband a card for his birthday but all we got was another empty envelope. I hope the one who handled our mail enjoyed what they found."

Comments

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

You need to go to Home Depot and buy a mailbox with a lock on it. The mail carrier can put the mail in, but only someone with the key can get it out. Either that or install a hidden camera. Bet you r not the only one in your neighborhood this is happening to.

FlunkyMonkey 2 years ago

Also ask the post office to investigate--could be a postal worker with sticky fingers;secure in the knowledge that no one complains.

waltspecht 2 years ago

This is a Federal crime, and needs to be reported to the Postmaster. That's what a Postal investigator is all about. When they steal out of your mail box it is still a Federal crime. If there are other thefts in the neighborhood, it is probably a neighbor.

bubbasmithredneck 2 years ago

How did this make "squawk of the day?"

tywebb 2 years ago

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! Redneck had an original thought!!!! Let's give it up for Bubba for posting BEFORE Bubbavet_rureel and Coach, instead of on their coattails kissing their___! Hip hop, hooray!!!!! thhbt

coachjohnson42 2 years ago

I think somebody is jealous......

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years ago

Great comments, " P.O. Box" is another suggestion - smile!

whattheheck 2 years ago

The old "empty envelop gift scam". First cousin to "the check is in the mail".Check out the postal system-- and the relatives.

VSU 2 years ago

A lot of times when I get my mail, it seems that there is always one side of the envelope that is partially torn as if someone opened to see what was in the envelope. This happens all the time and I don't think it is someone walking down the street looking in mailboxes as the mail carrier just delivered my mail. Maybe that is why they are always late deliverying the mail, they are off somewhere looking at the mail. With that being said though, I don't think I have had anything stolen from my mail or mailbox.

Cartman 2 years ago

Make the postal inspector aware of it. They can be your friends.

Jimboob 2 years ago

Just for fun... Pick up a few "Gift Cards" from different businesses, don't load them and send them to yourself. Let them try and useempty cards. The joke will be on them.

Parent 2 years ago

Now that would be funny!

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

Get Restaurant gift cards... write $50 on the card... and then when they go eat, and pay with their gift card it will be for zero... then they WILL have to pay! LOL!

Susan123 2 years ago

The only thing I ever get in the mail is bills :(

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

I getta whole buncha junk! I have 8 bills that come every month, the rest is trash, credit card apps, car insurance solicitors, furniture store sales, kia and hundai keys (come try your key to see if you've won) and this dumb newsletter from Sanford Bishop. like I said, junk...

VSU 2 years ago

Better yet, have a cash prize card stating they have to claim prize in person (Providing person is that dumb) then nab him/her when he/she comes to claim the prize.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years ago

tywebb, please read your comment, it's positive - smile!!

Picking on the Bubba's is not good, would you like to be our friend. We like coach comments better!!

The real - Bubbavet_rureel.

Be my friend tywebb, can you do that?

I'm back from vacation, please try me.

tywebb 2 years ago

i'm a positive kinda guy! I'm positive i don't have room for any more friends. sorry. also, why do you come on here soliciting friends? I feel like if i ever said yes, that Hansen dude from dateline would jump out from behind a screen yelling....haha we got you now!!!!! NO THANKS TO THAT!!!!

firefly 2 years ago

I would definitely report this back to the post office! A similar thing happened in California a few years ago and they were able to track down the postal worker that was doing it.

I really like the idea of the empty giftcards, just as a test! :)