As of Thursday, April 5, 2012
© Copyright 2013
An expert who reviewed the Whitney Houston autopsy report said the amount of cocaine found in the singer's system was not a lethal dose.
A final Los Angeles County coroner's report described the singer being discovered submerged face-down in hot water in the bathtub of her Beverly Hills hotel suite with an unidentified white powdery residue left in a spoon on the bathroom counter.
The report released Wednesday confirmed that the 48-year-old singer drowned, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors. It concluded that Houston's death was accidental.
A personal assistant found her dead in the Beverly Hilton Hotel, the report said. The water was described as "extremely hot," and the singer had scalding burns when she was examined.
Houston had battled drug addiction for years, and the report found that Houston had a perforation in her nose typical of habitual cocaine users.
Toxicology test results showed that she had cocaine in her system at the time of her death. The coroner's office also found traces of several other drugs — including marijuana, the anti-anxiety medication Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril and the over-the-counter allergy remedy Benadryl — in her system.