Squawk of the day - April 10, 2012

"I feel sorry for children who have parents that don’t speak out on wrong, but will cower away."

Comments

chinaberry25 2 years, 7 months ago

Is this a question of a statement? I do not even understand what you are saying. Albany Herald??? If I am going to feel sorry for a child, then it will be because he is abused, neglected, not sent to school.

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 7 months ago

Maybe they don't/won't speak up because when they were children, speaking up/out brought nothing but pain and hurt

coachjohnson42 2 years, 7 months ago

It is a weird statement. You know the herald does edit the squawks....

jglass 2 years, 7 months ago

I guess we will have to wait to read the hard copy of this squawk in it's entirety!!!

albanyherald1 2 years, 7 months ago

This squawk is so dumb. It sounds like some idiots Facebook status update.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

Everyone should speak out on wrongdoing........but be prepared for the blowback from the fools and the amoral......

LuLu 2 years, 7 months ago

Maybe it's vague and wasn't articulated well, but the sentiment is there. This person felt strongly enough about something to squawk about it, and it shows compassion. There are alot worse things that could be published, and frankly, one day without this forum devolving into racial arguments is a day of much-needed rest for some of us.

Hawk59 2 years, 7 months ago

Growing up in the Albany area in the sixties, I think I understand what this squawk is referring to. Example: I was one of the children that marched against the injustices of the Farm workers at new communities in the summer of 1974. My grandmother was Mrs. Annie L. Hawkins, who also kept my siblings and I involved in numerous other marches as well. Thank God for my Grandmother and others like her. Instead of sitting around complaining and waiting for someone else to do something against people who have been denied justice, and fairness. She took the initiative to do something herself. And that seed was also planted in me because I also share her passion for fairness and equality. Just try to imagine what type of country this would be without people like her and others who sacrificed so much, without expecting anything in return....R.I.P Grand Ma LOU....

justme 2 years, 7 months ago

The SQUAWK, the voice of Albany, Georgia.

VSU 2 years, 7 months ago

Sounds to me the squawker sounds like a grandmother who is upset her grandchildren are not being taught the difference between right and wrong by their parents and the grandmother was told to butt out of their business or perhaps the parent is afraid to discipline her children. I don't know... Could be wrong, just a thought.

coachjohnson42 2 years, 7 months ago

its too weird to comprehend.....

albanyherald1 2 years, 7 months ago

You're right, LuLu. It was definitely vague. Tomorrow's squawk will read " I hate when somebody wants to do something, but then they don't and nobody knows about it." Still not worthy of "Squawk of the Day".

tywebb 2 years, 7 months ago

here's my guess for tomorrows squak:

I hate it when people complain about racial squawks, and then the herald prints a non-racial squawk, and then people complain about how lame that squawk is, and then the herald prints a squawk about pit bulls, and then people complain about that......

beartrap 2 years, 7 months ago

hawk...is your idea of injustices having to get out and work for everything you have or the fact that in the 60's you didn't get everything handed to you...the sad mistake of the 60's was the "great society" welfare programs which has made a sorry bunch of people even sorrier...

Susan123 2 years, 7 months ago

This hasn't got to do with today's squawk...but has anyone else noticed that the Albany Herald seems to be going back in time...to December 22, 2011 to be exact?? It might be just me. Whenever I read an article and hit "Home" it takes me back to the home page, but not always today's home page. Sometimes it's the home page from December. Even the link for the Squawk of the Day says December 22, 2011....it's so weird!

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

You have the "coachjohnson42" virus. It's very wicked.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 7 months ago

......and nearly impossible to get rid of......Good Luck!