0

Fire guts house on Greenbrier Court

No one was injured when a fire ignited by unattended cooking raged through a ranch house at 1405 Greenbrier Court at about 6:57 p.m. Friday, said Albany Fire Department Battalion Chief Matthew Jefferson.The fire was under control by 7:19 p.m. he added. According to Jefferson: The Red Cross was contacted to give Eddie Murphy Sr. his wife Gwendolyn, their three grown children and a grandchild shelter. The family was all in the den when grease on the stove caught fire. No one could find a fire extinguisher. Eddie Murphy Sr. is disabled, but his family got him out of the house averting a tragedy.

No one was injured when a fire ignited by unattended cooking raged through a ranch house at 1405 Greenbrier Court at about 6:57 p.m. Friday, said Albany Fire Department Battalion Chief Matthew Jefferson.The fire was under control by 7:19 p.m. he added. According to Jefferson: The Red Cross was contacted to give Eddie Murphy Sr. his wife Gwendolyn, their three grown children and a grandchild shelter. The family was all in the den when grease on the stove caught fire. No one could find a fire extinguisher. Eddie Murphy Sr. is disabled, but his family got him out of the house averting a tragedy.

No one was injured when a fire ignited by unattended cooking raged through a ranch house at 1405 Greenbrier Court at about 6:57 p.m. Friday, said Albany Fire Department Battalion Chief Matthew Jefferson.The fire was under control by 7:19 p.m. he added. According to Jefferson: The Red Cross was contacted to give Eddie Murphy Sr. his wife Gwendolyn, their three grown children and a grandchild shelter. The family was all in the den when grease on the stove caught fire. No one could find a fire extinguisher. Eddie Murphy Sr. is disabled, but his family got him out of the house averting a tragedy.


A fire caused by unattended cooking consumed a house on the 1400 block of Greenbrier Court in Albany Friday. Fire officials responded to a call at 6:57 p.m., by 7:19 p.m., the fire was controlled. The interior of the house appears to be completely destroyed.

Six people were at home at the time: Eddie Murphy Sr., Gwendolyn Murphy, three children and one grandchild. Everyone evacuated the home before officials arrived and there were no injuries.


ORIGINAL STORY

A fire has consumed a house on the 1400 block of Greenbrier Court in Albany. The remains of the house are still smoking as fireman are finishing putting out the fire. The interior of the house appears to be completely destroyed. At this time, there do not appear to be any injuries.