Squawk of the Day - April 17, 2012

"Everyone needs to vote this week for Phillip to keep him on American Idol. The judges turned on him last week, and now we know that they want Jessica, Joshua or Skylar to win."

Comments

LuLu 2 years ago

"The judges turned on him"? I've never watched the show, but maybe the other contestants just did better. I'd like for him to win, but not at the expense of another young singer who is probably just as talented and just as deserving. If I did watch it and did vote, my conscience would make me vote for the one I thought was best, not for him just because he's from here. That would be like voting for someone for what they look like and not their ideology.. er, abilities.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 12 months ago

BIG shock there, coach. I hate her song selections and so does my spouse.

jglass 1 year, 12 months ago

I would love for him to win, however at this point he could go out and get a contract and not be tied down to A I. His name is out there and man does he have the talent. At this point, it is not about the talent it is about the fan base!!! He has the talent and he has the fan base. We will just see!!!

Shinedownfan 1 year, 12 months ago

I've never seen the show either... I've got Direct TV and they dont provide local channels, but that has been a blessing cause I dont see political commercials and I dont have to watch news about Valdosta, Waycross and Douglas, Georgia. I can use the internet or the app on my ipad to watch the news stories I want to see.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 12 months ago

Philip is definitely one of of the least able SINGERS who are left (I think Holly will go next and should have gone last week). I don't think Philip will make the top 5 and I don't think he should. That said, I would buy his music and Elise's and none of the others. Just sayin'.

albanyherald1 1 year, 12 months ago

I think what they did on American Idol last week was fixed. The show promotes who they want to win. Phillip may do better getting his own recording contract and not be a puppet for American Idol.

albanyherald1 1 year, 12 months ago

And I don't think the judges turned on him. He hasn't changed in weeks. Every performance has looked the same. I am a big Phillip fan, but in order to win, he has got to give a little more. He is so worried that they are trying to change him into something he's not, but he doesn't have to totally transform. Maybe try wearing something with a little color to it, or put down that guitar one week. Its just simple, little changes that make a difference. Thankfully he shaved that awful beard he sported (or tried to sport) a couple weeks ago. He's a very handsome fella without that beard. Go, Phillip!

VSU 1 year, 12 months ago

You don't have to win A.I. to get a record deal, if one gets a record deal they are already a winner.

USTPC 1 year, 12 months ago

Sorry, but I will not be voting for Phillip or anyone else on American Idol. I do not watch American Idol or Survivors, or Dancing With The Stars, or any other reality show (most of which are not reality but staged anyway).

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 12 months ago

I will support Phillip whether he wins or not. I hope he gets a recording contract if he doesn't win and does his thing his way. Go Phillip!!

SHEILA125 1 year, 12 months ago

I love Phillip and will be voting for him until the end. You people that don't even watch American idol, why even bother to comment? Ridiculous!

Shinedownfan 1 year, 12 months ago

Okay, Shelia125, this is your first comment on the Albany Herald's website. It is welcome, but we "commenters" comment almost every day. Welcome to the club... but we are not ridiculous.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 12 months ago

I see enough of Phillips on the news most weeks to know that I DO NOT want to watch him on A.I.

tywebb 1 year, 12 months ago

although i like phillips music better than any others, I think jessica is the best "singer" on the show. in 11 years, i have never voted and i'm not going to start now. i just like to watch and listen. i also like to hear what randy has to say. he's funny as......

agirl_25 1 year, 12 months ago

GASP!!!!!!! has that show been on for 11 years!!!!!!! I had no idea. That shows you how much I watch network TV.....

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 12 months ago

The trio of J-Lo, Randy, and Steven are really great together. And I also think Jimmy is a genious and gives some genious advice. I wish I could send him over the the houses of some of these Herald posters to get them some honest reality.