Squawk of the day - April 24, 2012

"Society defines my children as half-sisters and -brothers because my son is with my first husband and my daughters are with my second husband. Which half are they? They are brothers and sisters, period."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 3 years ago

Bottom line, they all messed up.

justme 3 years ago

Talk about being messed up, have you looked at your photo lately. It say's a lot about you.

Shinedownfan 3 years ago

Sister Ruby is da Bomb! I dont care what anyone says!

chinaberry25 3 years ago

Mathematically half is not a defined word. Half of what. In math in is one half, two halves, three halves and so on. So the statement is not a valid statement so it is to be false. But since you only passed off one half DNA then they only belong half to you anyway.

stredr357 3 years ago

So where does that leave you? Are you a deadbeat mom who left two husbands and three children? Just wondering.

LGadson 3 years ago

Why would you say something like that?

waltspecht 3 years ago

Heck, if they are yours, they are whatever you want them to be.

FlunkyMonkey 3 years ago

Squawker, I like the way you think. Your children are lucky to have a mother who loves the WHOLE child, not just half.

Dino58 3 years ago

Nice comment stredr357. You are a First Class Coward!!!!

jglass 3 years ago

stredr357, I think you misunderstood the squawk. She has had one child with her first husband and two children with her second husband. She was not clear on her squawk. So, I doubt she is a "deadbeat" mom. The three children are more than likely living with her and her current husband. And I agree they are whole, not half.

VSU 3 years ago

The mother gave birth to all her children, to me that makes them brothers and sisters.

alleebrin 3 years ago

But they don't have the same father! Makes the difference - if there must be a difference!!

gotanyfacts 3 years ago

Half - brother/sister is not a societal term. Full siblings have all of their genes from the same sources (mom and dad). Half siblings have only half of their genes from a common source (either mom or dad). Squawker seems to be thinking that half always means incomplete, which it does not.Don't let the children accept that meaning. Making two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with different kinds of jellies doesn't make either less of a PBJ sandwich. ;)

AnotherMom 3 years ago

You are wanting to gloss over a fact you cannot change. They are half-brothers & half-sisters. They do not have the same mother & father & do not live together all of the time. However, it is commendable that you want to raise them as brothers & sisters with the idea that they are full brothers & sisters; I see nothing wrong with that. It gives them a strong sense of belonging within the family structure. However, you cannot change the biological facts of the situation.

LGadson 3 years ago

Full or whole simply means same mom and dad. But the squawker is saying, any baby SHE gave birth to is regarded as whole siblings. And that is to be respected. I technically have 'step-children'...but I don't call them that. They are my children as well. So when they visit, they are treated and loved like my own.

alleebrin 3 years ago

OH, PLEASE! Ain't nobody out there so dumb! When a kid has the same mom but different pop, then they have drawn from half the gene pool! Mine - half; yours - half; ours whole! lol If this were the greatest problem in families, we'd all be far better off!