Squawk of the Day - April 28, 2012

"Just because some smokers dump their ashtrays at intersections doesn’t mean we all do. People need to stop categorizing smokers as bad people. We just have a bad habit. You still have no right to judge us."

Comments

LuLu 2 years, 4 months ago

Your squawk is confusing. You seem to be talking about all smokers in one sentence and then smokers who dump their ashtrays in another. You chide us for lumping them together, yet you're doing the very same thing. Yes, we certainly DO have the right to judge those who dump their ashtrays on public roadways.

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 4 months ago

Just like I have the right to categorize and judge all those who drink as potential murderers because they drive their automobiles--I would rather see a cigarette butt lying on the ground than an obituary caused by a drunk driver (yes, in my book, if you drink, you're drunk)

Terry.Lewis 2 years, 4 months ago

A person who drinks one beer is not drunk. Your logic is flawed.

VSU 2 years, 4 months ago

Depends on whether that one beer was drank after a full bottle of Jack Daniels.

chinaberry25 2 years, 4 months ago

Cigarette smokers are the most selfish people I know. They blow smoke, litter, (do not tell me you have never thrown at least one cigarette on the ground, we know better) and this is just getting started. You will eat up Medicare charges for your selfish habits. Unless you are willing to absorb all of your medical bills yourself, then do not ask me to ever respect you. I am sure your family will agree when they have to take care of your when you die of your habit. I had a mother who did, so I know what I am talking about. You had a choice to never start smoking and now the rest of the world has to put up with you!!!!!

alleebrin 2 years, 4 months ago

It is truly amazing to me that a person can hold a little rolled weed, that cost $4.00 to $5.00 a pack, between their fingers and know that it dominates their existence! I don't know how these people get out of bed in the morning! So gutless, with no willpower. I smoked once and I quit - ANYBODY CAN!!

bubbavet 2 years, 4 months ago

You hit the nail on the head. My mother also passed away from smoking at 61.

Cartman 2 years, 4 months ago

I am not a smoker. Smoking is a bad idea, but smokers make their own decisions. Most smokers go out of their way to not subject others to their smoke, but whatever they do - it isn't good enough for the holier than thou crowd. I think non-smokers should mind their own business. I detest the governmental regulations which prohibit smoking in places of business. That should be left to the business owner. If you allow government to dictate your conduct - it will dictate all of it. Not smoking is a good idea. But not every good idea needs to be a law. And don't get me started on the pure BS propoganda of "second hand" smoke.