Squawk of the Day - April 30, 2012

"I went to a NASCAR race for the first time in 10 years, I will never go to another one. I pay to see wrecks not just driving in circles, NASCAR just isn’t what it used to be."

Comments

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 11 months ago

I agree--I haven't watched it since the Hollywood yuppies took it over. I miss the Allison boys, Junior Johnson, Cale Yarborough, Bill Elliott, They knew what racing was all about. This garbage they have now it not worth the time...

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

So you want a demolition derby instead of a race? I believe they have those for a lot less a ticket than a NASCAR event. About like a perfect game in Baseball. It's boring as heck unless you know what is going on and understand the neuances of the sport.

coachjohnson42 1 year, 11 months ago

NASCAR IS BORING.....I'D RATHER WATCH GRASS GROW.....

VietVet1 1 year, 11 months ago

coachjohnson is boring...I'd rather watch grass grow

Susan123 1 year, 11 months ago

I haven't been reading these squawks for too long, so I must have missed quite a bit, but I just don't understand why everyone seems to gang up on this coachjohnson person. Seems kinds high-schoolish to me. I can see and understand having a debate, but that isn't what this is. And people wonder why the children of this world act the way they do...you can't expect them to act any better than the adults do.

TheMember 1 year, 11 months ago

You will soon see, if not search his name and read some of his posts. Then you will come back and want to erase your post here.

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

You are right on one thing...you don't understand.

coachjohnson42 1 year, 11 months ago

Its ok Susan....."for they know not what they do"....its all good...I enjoy the attention....

justme 1 year, 11 months ago

They know and still live in the shadow.

justme 1 year, 11 months ago

These folks are a frustrated bunch indeed..................... also in need of letting yesterday go by and looking for a better tomorrow. I find most of what is printed as humor.

erudite 1 year, 11 months ago

Sort of a waste of fuel, don't you think?

scooby62 1 year, 11 months ago

At least it's more exciting than golf. Talk about watching grass grow!

mr_nobody 1 year, 11 months ago

NASCAR's like other sports Average Joe Fan sees as boring (like soccer, golf, and some would even say baseball). You just have to learn about the rules and limitations put on the cars and understand the strategy behind all in order to appreciate it.

gotanyfacts 1 year, 11 months ago

Sadly for squawker, the Colosseum no longer carries out its trademark productions. There is always tru-tv, among others, displaying plenty of carnage.

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

I am no fan of auto racing, I actually would rather watch Golf than racing. Baseball is fun, but can be boring if it is low scoring or too many pitches being thrown, particularly throws to first base to hold the runner, and when a batter fouls off one pitch after another. Hit a home run or strike out already.

I agree with the squawker, the only exciting thing about auto racing is when a wreck happens.

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

As an old boyfriend once said, different strokes for different folks. All the person above had to do was watch it on TV and then he would not have made such a stupid statement. The NASCAR drivers are mostly out to make money just like all the other sports junkies. As long as the money is there, there will be car racing.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Me and coach are friends on this one!