Loss of radio host Glenn Beck a habit changer

I have a wonderful job and I can listen to the radio as I work. I choose to listen to talk radio, therefore WALG is the station heard in my office.

Monday, from 9 a.m. to 9:20 a.m., I was listening to Glenn Beck, as usual. When the commercial break was done, Glenn, Pat and Stu were gone. In their place was Geraldo Rivera. I called the Cumulus offices to tell them the wrong show was on (because this has happened many times before) and they told me Glenn’s show would no longer be broadcasted on WALG. Really? What the heck?

Glenn’s show is informative and funny. Pat and Stu keep me laughing. I can’t see how Cumulus replaced this show with a boring news show. Is it because Glenn talks about God and religion? Is it because Glenn is a Mormon?

Well, WALG, you have lost me as a listener. I will be listening online to WFLA in Tallahassee. I will still listen to Glenn, Pat and Stu. When in my car, I will listen to Glenn on Sirius/XM. Maybe next August, you will correct your mistake and bring back Glenn Beck’s show!

CARIN REESE

Albany

Comments

LuLu 2 years, 4 months ago

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!

I'm not able to listen very often in the mornings, but am always able to catch Rush and Sean in the afternoons. We NEED Glenn! Was there no prior notice?? They actually played 20 minutes of his show and then changed after commercial?? Who did you talk to and what was their explanation?? Cumulus will definitely be hearing from me!

SweetPea 2 years, 4 months ago

I cannot believe they replaced Glenn with Geraldo! That's just crazy.

TheBoss 2 years, 4 months ago

Some people have Jobs and can't listen to a radio, Your boss must be nice.

billybob 2 years, 4 months ago

Perhaps they realized that Glenn Beck is a lunatic. Of course, lunatics can be entertaining.

gotanyfacts 2 years, 4 months ago

As an occasional listener of Beck, I will admit that sometimes he seems to get a bit "out there". The scary part is that he establishes a pretty good foudation for where he stands.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 4 months ago

When you play the actual audio of the guy you're talking about, like Glenn Beck does, he provides unarguable truth about what the other people stand for. It's an open and shut case most of the time. And the Liberal Media sure won't play that audio.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 4 months ago

What's so funny is this morning I hear on walg, "Glenn Beck, weekdays 9 to noon on news talk 1590" so I listen to see if he is back on... nope, Geraldo still there. Typical of this station to have old commercials, dead air, and mistakingly playing the wrong show when coming back from commercial breaks from the show that actually should be on. I'm off to : http://www.wflafm.com/pages/streaming.html

Mr_Heatmiser 2 years, 4 months ago

My favorite is when they play station identification 6 times in a row, followed by 2 different commercials playing over each other at the same, and finish it up with a commercial for an event which was held last March being played over the actual program. That has to be pretty tough to pull off with consistency, but they've got it down.

LuLu 2 years, 4 months ago

Glenn is also still on 540am out of Columbus: www.newsradio540.com .

I'm trying to call WALG, but they aren't answering the phone!

Shinedownfan 2 years, 4 months ago

Listening to the Florida station (commercials & news) makes me feel like I am on vacation... LOL

Shinedownfan 2 years, 4 months ago

888-5000 is the main line to all stations.

LuLu 2 years, 4 months ago

I've been trying that one and 889-9988.

Nous_Defions 2 years, 4 months ago

I enjoyed Glenn's TV show on FOX, but his radio show had degraded to a news/talk version of John Boy and Billy. Childish humor interlaced with issues, it became tiring to listen to adults reliving their grade school years. BUT, it was certainly better than Geraldo!

tammd 2 years, 4 months ago

how does geraldo get onto a conservative talk radio station?????? liberals don't have talk because nobody would listen......I Want Glenn back!!!! I will absolutely NOT listen to geraldo!

RedEric 2 years, 4 months ago

I agree Tammd, Geraldo is NOT conservative. I suppose the WALG programming boneheads thought he was since he gets on FOX news. His views are not compatible. Liberal radio fails every time they try it. Is WALG trying that path?

gotanyfacts 2 years, 4 months ago

My guess is that Geraldo costs less. Geraldo may be in transition. It's funny to watch/listen to his position being dismantled in a debate, agreeing on the facts and then refusing to let the facts change his position. Most liberals deny the facts they don't like no matter how obvious they are.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 4 months ago

I still refuse to listen... thank God for computers and the internet! Thank heavens we have a choice! Been listening to the Tallahassee station for four days now. It stays on thru Rush and Sean too. If enough people tune out walg, maybe they will bring Glenn back.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 4 months ago

Was out rolling in my big Caddy this morning. Turned it on for maybe 4 minutes. Couldn't stand the stupidity of Geraldo. Turned it off. Left it off.

Albanite 2 years, 4 months ago

WALG has become nearly unlistenable because of recent program changes. It was a great station back when Matt had the morning show and Coast to Coast AM played at night. Now there is John Bachelor who sounds as annoying as the Honey Badger announcer leading into some absurd Redeye overnight show that is nothing but a couple of guys talking - and its awful. Now we have to endure Geraldo who is just terrible on the radio regardless of his politics. How Cumulus can survive being so tone-deaf to its listeners is a mystery.

missy 2 years, 3 months ago

What genius replaced Glenn Beck with Geraldo Rivera? Glenn was interesting, well read, and gave us up to date news as opposed to Geraldo, who loves talking about his "little place" in Puerto Rico (That's what he called it today.) and how unfair America is to illegal aliens. Maybe you could find someone more liberal, but I doubt it. My days of listening to this came to an end today, I stood it as long as I could. GET GLENN BACK!!! And when you do, how about letting your listeners in on it instead of just replacing someone with absolutely no notice. Think I'll contact some of your sponsors and get their thoughts on this.

Blog entries