Squawk of the Day - August 18, 2012

"Conservatives can live without liberals, but liberals cannot live without the conservatives because of money."

Comments

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

This is true, but the Liberals can sure spend someone else's money. This is going to stop next year. Deal is going to cut back on Medicaid $500B. About time. In Florida, they go after baby daddy or you do not get welfare. That is the way it should be. I have heard in Albany that baby daddy even gets part of the money, that is the deal.

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

Have you ever noticed those wanting to distribute the money evenly, and others paying their share, certainly seem to be keeping their own share intacr. Normally growing that share while in a position of power. If they truely believed, they would distribute their wealth to accomplish their goals. Not force me to redistribute mine, which in comparison to theirs is minimum.

USTPC 1 year, 11 months ago

FlunkyMonkey, I think what Walt is saying is that Liberals preach a socialized approach to society and the distribution of wealth to all citizens while at the same time not distributing their own wealth and in fact actually getting richer while in a position of power. In other words, they believe in distributing everyone else's wealth but not theirs. Correct me if I am wrong Walt.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 11 months ago

While I understand the squawk, I DON'T understand what the hell waltspecht is saying....

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

What I said simply is if you believe the poor should recieve a larger share, give them your wealth. Don't take my money in the form of taxes and give it to them. About like a vow of poverty taken by some. All the wealth they have or will accrue goes to their cause, nothing but sustainability for themselves. If every Liberal emptied out their Bank Accounts and Investments, contributed it to the general fund, then they would be supporting their ideals. They don't, but they sure will use the Taxpayers money to do just that.

RedEric 1 year, 11 months ago

Liberals are like that crazy old uncle that used to live down that dirt road near the swamp. Then one day you go look for him with food and find he has gone to congress making rules for everyone......and he looks like Harry Reid. Must be from the wife's side of the family.

nofreeloader 1 year, 11 months ago

The golden rule applies here.. He who has the gold, makes the rules. :) IMO

billybob 1 year, 11 months ago

Right. Because there aren't any liberal-minded people who have accumulated wealth. Great point squawker.

Jimboob 1 year, 11 months ago

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”

USTPC 1 year, 11 months ago

There is a big difference between helping and feeding the poor and supporting lazy people who do not want to work but want free handouts so they do not have to.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

And "Each one must give as he as purposed in his/her own heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, FOR GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER".

Not under compulsion by the Government. We do want to keep church and state separated now, don't we Jimboob?

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

Right on! There are Charity events and donations, food drives among others which should be a voluntary thing. It should not be forced from working people to give to people who just want to sit around and eat potato chips all day and have no plans to ever go to work.

Jimboob 1 year, 11 months ago

I'm sorry but I just can't get over yesterday's Squawk. I can't believe any black person, much less a pastor, could condone the actions of Velvet Riggins. I can't believe that one of them would step forward to run against an honest, hardworking woman but allow a liar and thief to go unopposed.

ustaknow 1 year, 11 months ago

47% of Americans pay federal income tax while 53% of Americans do not. This system is both structurally subject to collapse and unsustainable. It makes me angry to be part of the 47 % that pay while 53% do not.

I am an advocate for a national sales tax to replace the income tax and exempt only disabled people that do not have jobs.

( this way every abled bodied American contributes )

Right now 47% of Americans are toting the load for 100% of Americans and all illegal immigrants.

Jimboob 1 year, 11 months ago

Where do you get these facts?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

The latest IRS statistics show exactly that. The Bastard Rich who, according to His Royal Majesty Barack Obama aren't yet paying their "fair share" pay like this: the top 10% of income-earners pay 70% of all federal income taxes paid. Meanwhile, the bottom 50% pay only 3% of all income taxes paid. Got that? IRS.gov. It's there.

I agree with ustaknow, EVERYBODY should pay SOMETHING!!

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

The ones that don't pay anything even get more from the govt. ...free money... just because they didn't earn enough that year. When I first found this out, I thought, "surely not!" but I was wrong. They get thousands of dollars because they didn't earn enough. It's called the 'earned income tax credit', but I call it the "unearned" income tax credit.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

I call it the "Lifelong Democrat Voter Credit"

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey I am over 65 and disabled and get tax breaks because of age and disability, not because of anything else...I don't scrounge around for them. The state of Georgia gives tax breaks to me and my husband too because of age, etc. We have retirement income and pay taxes on a small portion of it....I think that is fair...don't you? I too would be in favor of a national sales tax. I would not mind paying my fair share. At my age I don't buy that much anyway, so it would not have that big an effect on me.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

aghhhhhhhhhhh.......I am screaming cause I goofed and hit the thingie twice....aghhhhhhh...and now it won't let me go away.....agghhhhhhhhhhhh without posting the same thing twice.....aghhhhhhh....sorry

PS Cartman...I promise I did pay my fair share........I swear......

Cartman 1 year, 11 months ago

People who pay nothing scream the loudest about others not paying their fair share.

bigbob 1 year, 11 months ago

You got that right Cartman just look at Albany. I bet not 1% of Albany pays federal income taxes but 80% recieve free benefits. And they sure do complain about the workers who support them.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

What about the % that drive Mercedes and BMWs? That's a lot higher than it should be. I don't know HOW THEY DO IT!!!

Roundman 1 year, 11 months ago

jimbob, I agree with you 100% about the pastors not running against their own "trashy theif" but then jump in to run against a well qualified person like Ms. Price. Everyone knows it just the same old black against white. But they need the white tax money to carry out their evil plans. pastor ??? --no they ain't no pastors. We really know these are not "pastors" --they are blood suckers just like the welfare bunch that want work!!

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Roundman......excellent post, and trying not to be being picky here, but as you know, I have been leading a campaign to have people call them by their correct names ....that is Dr. Price...not Ms.Price. Thank you so much. Yes, she is a well qualified person. And yes, you are right ......they are not pastors and once again, thanks for pointing that out...OK so maybe I am picky.....maybe I am a pain in the derrière too!!!........hahaha..

ittybittyme 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey Roundman, I agree that they need white folks money to run the show in Albany...and guess what...white folks are leaving in droves...what all the black folks going to do?

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

agirl, she is Dr. Price and Mrs. Price. Both are correct.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Yessssssss but I like to see her as DR. PRICE since she worked for that title and thoses fellows just went out and got up and said "hey imma pastor"....

Hawk59 1 year, 11 months ago

It doesn't matter who has money or not. And it really doesn't matter if you are Conservative or Liberal. What matters is that we are running out of time to figure out, we should be taking a simple lesson out of the Bible. And try to help one another. And maybe try to love one another also. Unless of course, you are Atheist and don't believe in the Bible's teachings. All we do is disagree while nothing get's done,and as a nation we are destroying ourselves. I'm not too worried about Hammas , the Taliban, or any other Muslim terrorist faction. I am more worried about Domestic Hate, right here in the good ole U.S.A.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Domestic Hate..........with flames fanned by the current President of the United States.........you cannot deny it..............His Royal Majesty Barack Obama is trying to win a Second Term based on Division, Class Envy, Hatred, and Racism. Simple!! NOT what has made America Great and will not make America Great in the Future!! Flush the Crap down the Toilet!!