Squawk of the Day - August 19, 2012

"I attended a two-day leadership meeting for teachers the week before school started. A speaker was flown in from California for the retreat. The meeting was so racially charged it left me speechless. I became a teacher because I love all children, not to be told that white people don’t like to hug black children. Are you kidding me? Only in the DCSS."

Comments

ontario1966 1 year, 8 months ago

I am so sick of this BROKE DOWN and RACIST DCSS! They probably paid this Jackass thousands of dollars! And to say what he said about white people, was very wrong!!!! My wife is white and a certified teacher and she always hugs all children!! No matter what color they are!! The Bow tie man and the idiots below him should all be fired? And all white teachers should picket the school and sue the crap out of them racist idiots!!!!

RedEric 1 year, 8 months ago

Was that phrase actually used, "white people don't like to hug black children"? If it was then legal action needs to be taken. Whoever scheduled this person should have known something about what they would say. How is the community supposed to work together when those in charge are such extreme RACISTS. Do you want to end up on Brietbart again.....in fact that is a good idea. How to get a copy of the video and mail it out. This crap has got to end....it will end, but not in a good way.

chinaberry25 1 year, 8 months ago

I love black children and hug them all the time. Yes, most folks are tired of this racism. If whites are as racist as implied, Obama would have never gotten elected. But most do not want racism to go away because they have a little control and that is the only way they are going to keep it or get it.

fishmongerswife 1 year, 8 months ago

I would like to read the transcripts of this meeting, where and when will DCSS make this available? What about if you're neither white nor black? How much did they pay this speaker?

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

If you ask a black person that was at that retreat about what was said, I GUARANTEE they will tell you that YOU misunderstood and YOU viewed it as racist because YOU ARE RACIST. I have posted several times that I was once told only a black man can teach a black child. The response to my anger? I MISUNDERSTOOD the meaning of the statement. Seemed pretty damned clear to me. And people wonder why the school system is such a joke...

Jimboob 1 year, 8 months ago

When the leaders of the civil rights movement took on the boards of education all across the south it was to raise the level of black education. They knew that a good education was key to raising the standard of living of black people. Well, after all these years, the level of education for blacks and whites is pretty much the same... But it didn't raise much did it. Do you believe that Dr. King went through all that he did so that Velvet Riggins could sit on the schoolboard? He would be ashamed of her as all black leaders should be. It.s no longer about education, it's about power.

RedEric 1 year, 8 months ago

I talked to a DCSS teacher and he did not remember that phrase being used. However, the theme was you cannot teach black children like you do white children. This teacher also related a class at ASU that basically advocated segregation of schools. Are black people saying this social experiment of integration is no longer essential? Well then, what about everything else? Maybe all of the programs to help minorities are hurting them. If so, maybe we need to return where everyone is on the same level. Everyone earns whatever they have. You cannot govern respect.

waltspecht 1 year, 8 months ago

This can be taken all sorts of ways. Did the speaker infer Black Children do not practice good hygene, therefore White Teachers won't hug them? Did they mean to say White Teachers are afraid to touch Black Children for the fear of a law suit? Are White Teachers aftraid of transmitted diseases? Why aren't Black Teachers allowed the same fears? If this was said, it isn't grounds for legal action, as it may have just been the results proported by some pole of another. I can't remember any Teacher ever hugging any student when we were in school. I guess we were a less expressive society. If it wasn't immediately challenged by Administrators at the Retreat, they need to be removed as unfit. For by not challenging it, they are allowing it to stand as a fact. A fact that further tarnishes the reputation of DCSS and all it's Teachers.

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

I would question the DCSB as to why, in the first place, they flew someone in from California. Who is the person related to? Gotta be my first question.....money, money, gimme money, that's what I want......

43cop 1 year, 8 months ago

First, let me say that if the white's formed a totally white college, guess who would be here. Jessie and Al and all their "idiot" friends to form a protest and to fly a speaker in from California for this "so-called" leadership conference, Is there no one in the Great State of Georgia qualified to speak at your conference? Surely not (joke). This is just another scheme from # 34 and the bald-headed joke that sits on the DCSS Board. The only way to straighten this out is for the Governor or the Feds to step in and stop this and let's include the other government agencies that are messing up this county. I have referred to Augusta before and that did help, even though they are slowly slipping back. Enought of this, I want to go to our worship service to pray for this county, state and nation that people are beginning to get fed up with this type "garbage".

willie 1 year, 8 months ago

Who really cares what the blacks say or think, and if it bothers you that much, pack your stuff and move.

VSU 1 year, 8 months ago

I've said it before...When you have a clown leading the school, the school system becomes a circus. If a white speaker had come in and said that Black people don't like to hug white children they would have already had a lawsuit on file. I have an open challenge to the black leaders to bring back segregated schools. Let the blacks have their own schools and the whites have their own schools, but let's tweak it a little...White taxpayers money goes to the white schools, and black taxpayers money goes to the black schools. That would be interesting to see how that would work out. I would predict the black schools would be shut down before the school year finished due to lack of funds.

tduncanspradley 1 year, 8 months ago

first of all there are just as many blacks taxpayers as there are white. So this is a racist comment and it implies that black ppl do not work. I and my husband work hard everyday and not only that we teach our childrwn good work ethics. And as a matter of fact my whole family works, I come from a long line of business owners and working class citizens. You really are a sick individual and I will only pray for you

watchman 1 year, 8 months ago

It seems as though the entire world is "toxic" from the ideas, thoughts and actions that we as an intelligence species commit and permit to exist in our circle of friends/family. It is past time to remove these negative things of hatred from our behavior. If a Black man is the only one that can teach a Black child ... then they (Black man) had better become more involved because from what I see, there's much work to be accomplished.

chinaberry25 1 year, 8 months ago

My response to the statement that you can not teach a white child the same way as a black child. This is just propanganda. We were taught in Educational Psy class, that every human being learns differently. Some learn by hearing, some learn by seeing and how the brain processes by using bottom up or top down processing. The color of ones brain is gray matter. So this is just an excuse. White children have to study to learn the same as a black child.

Cartman 1 year, 8 months ago

I resent the lack of stewardship of public funds in flying someone from California just to give a pep talk. I would be very interested in learning of his speakers fee as well as the expenses. This Phoebe-like attitude of reckless spending comes from an entity that has far more money than it needs, yet has the greed to ask for more.