Squawk of the day - August 21, 2012

"Romney should not release his tax returns until Obama releases his college transcripts. Romney has nothing to hide. We already know he is wealthy, but what has Obama been hiding?"

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

I don't need to see Obama's transcripts to know that he has been a scamming sleeze ball all his life who has been given, free of charge, access to citizenship, college, a diploma, and a parasitical "community organizing" job in the poorest section of Chicago. After Obama disqualified opponents, He walked into a US Senate job where he voted "Present" most of the time He was there when the Senate was in session but He missed more sessions than He made. And what exactly qualified Him to become POTUS? And you want to tell me that Sarah Palin was unqualified???? Geeze LouEEZE.

Oh and did I mention the He and Michelle are also both Millionaires? (From semi-fictional autobiographies no less!) What a country!! But He wants to change the USA forever and He's taken it pretty far down the toilet thus far and if given 4 More Years it will just about be all over but the shoveling of the dirt in the hole.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Kind of reminds you of Hitler, doesn't it?

bigbob 1 year, 8 months ago

Oboma scares me as much as Hitler did. Its alot easier to destroy a nation from his insider position, especialy with all the dumb a$$ liberals helping him.He is hiding more than any other prez ever has with the help of the liberal media.

billybob 1 year, 8 months ago

You clearly don't know much about Hitler then. He rounded up over 6 million people and had them systematically exterminated. He also had a staff perform grotesque medical experiments on people. Let me know when Obama starts doing this type of thing and then maybe I'll be as concerned about him as Hitler.

lynn227 1 year, 8 months ago

That's sad they would compare him to Hitler, not to mention, it's a slap in the face to those who suffered under Hitler. When I see my neighbors rounded up in the middle of the night and carted off to concentration camps, I will turn on concern mode.

USTPC 1 year, 8 months ago

Billybob and Lynn227....You realize that by the time you saw either of the things you mentioned having to see to get concerned that it would be too late to do anything about it, right?

Jax 1 year, 8 months ago

Do you even know who Hitler was? The man was responsible for more than 6 million Jews; he started the last great war which led to millions more being killed. Now I think Obama is an awful president and is not good for this country whatsoever. However, only a complete moron would compare this clueless president to an evil creature like Hitler.

Jax 1 year, 8 months ago

To clarify: 6 million Jews being killed.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

I am well aware of whom Hitler was. I am also aware that Hitler invaded Austria with sweet talk and promises. This was the first country to fall to Hitler. Also remember he tried the same tactics with Russia (thank God for the Russian winter). Obama's sweet talk and liberal rhetoric is EXACTLY like HItler when he first came to power...

bigbob 1 year, 8 months ago

Yes I know who Hitler was a german dictator just like Obumma is trying to be a muslum dictator in America. Scary part is all the dumb a$$ liberals are helping him destroy this country from within.

billybob 1 year, 8 months ago

Yes a Muslim who drinks beer, does not pray to Mecca and doesn't observe Muslim diet restrictions. I hope you understand none of that would fly in Islam. I did not vote for Obama and I don't plan on voting for Obama, but to compare him to Hitler shows a real lack of knowledge regarding not only historical events but current events as well. Furthermore, the insinuation that he is Muslim is almost laughable. The man is photographed drinking a beer every chance he gets. He eats at Five Guys (when his wife lets him). These are things that are strictly forbidden in Islam.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

Did you actually see Him swalow the beer? Ha Ha!!

lynn227 1 year, 8 months ago

We all know Bush was brilliant!

USTPC 1 year, 8 months ago

"Hitler came to power by turning the working class, unemployed, and academic elite against the conservative republic. After der fuhrer's election ceased being a political conspiracy and was transformed into a fashionable social phenomenon, party membership was especially popular with educators, bureaucrats, and the press. Being a Nazi was politically correct. They called themselves "The Children of the New Age of World Order" and looked down their noses at everyone else. As Hitler accrued more power, he referred to his critics as "The Dark Forces of Anarchy and Hatred". Anyone who questioned Nazi high-handedness in the German press was branded a "Conservative Reactionary". Joseph Goebbels, minister of communications, proclaimed a "New World Order".

Sounds pretty familiar to the current situation, doesn't it?

USTPC 1 year, 8 months ago

Absolutely I know who Hitler was. But guess what, he did not start out portraying himself to be the person who killed 6 million Jews and started a world war. That only happened after he got into power. Instead he spewed rhetoric that convinced people to vote him into office in the hopes that he would "take care of them". In addition to the quote below, here is some additional information on what he did after he got into office again on the pretense of "protecting and serving the people".

" The Nazi reign of terror began with false news reports on the Jews, Bohemians and Gypsies who were said to be arming themselves to overthrow the "New World Order" and Hitler demanded that all good people register their guns so that they wouldn't fall into the hands of "terrorists and madmen". Right wing fanatics of the "Old Order" who protested firearms registration were arrested by the S.S. and put in jail for "fomenting hatred against the Government of the German people". Then the Reichstag (government building) was blown up and Hitler ram-rodded an "Emergency Anti-Terrorist Act" through Parliament that gave the Gestapo extraordinary powers. The leader then declared that for the well-being of the German people, all private firearms were to be confiscated by the Gestapo and the Wermotten (federal law enforcement and military). German citizens who refused to surrender their guns when the "jack-boots" (Gestapo) came calling, were murdered in their homes. By the way, the Gestapo were the federal marshals' service of the Third Reich. The S.W.A.T. team was invented and perfected by the Gestapo to break into the homes of the enemies of the German people."

Your right, Obama is not Hitler, but unless we point out similarities and fight against the dismantling of the constituion and American citizen rights and stop expecting government to "take care of us" the potential exists for it to happen whether it be Obama or someone else.

Jax 1 year, 8 months ago

Gotcha. You've proven you know who Hitler was. Until Obama starts having a race of people exterminated, any comparison made to Hitler is way over the top and out of line. I remember when liberals compared Bush to Hitler, and it was just as wrong then. You can't bring Hitler into the conversation without calling to mind his genocidal tendencies, and that is ultimately what you will be comparing Obama to - a murderer.

Why don't we just stick to comparing him to Carter or FDR? Those were people that wanted to fundamentally change America (not for the better, IMO) but were in no way associated with mass murder.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

His statements indicate that He would start with the same target that Hitler did......."The Wealthy". In Hitler's day....that was the Jews. Hitler attacked the Jews, turning the German middle class against them, arguing they had all the money and ran all the banks and businesses. Today it's Rich Businesspeople etc etc. (Ignoring of course the wealth amassed by Barack and Michelle Obama in the past 5 years.....) Sounds familiar?

There's your History Lesson for Today.

lynn227 1 year, 8 months ago

Take your meds. ...pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

billybob 1 year, 8 months ago

That's why the term Jewish ghetto was very common in WW2 era Europe. That must have been where the wealthy lived.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

You don't know your history very well do you?

What began as the "Jewish Quarter" where Jews were forced to live separate from Gentiles, became the Jewish Ghetto due to Hitler. The Jewish Quarter, before Hitler, was a place of great learning, the arts, music, and rich culture. Many Jewish families were business owners, bankers, etc. Many were very wealthy.

The Jewish Ghetto was where Hitler forced them to live until he could put them on the trains to the concentration camps. It took a long time for him to figure out a cost effective way to kill a lot of people at the same time. Hitler gained power in the 1930's when all that began. WWII didn't happen until the 1940's. Hitler had 10 years to accomplish his plans which were pretty easy after he got the Germans to make him King with ultimate power.

I wish they taught History in school any more.

RedEric 1 year, 8 months ago

Obama is a progressive. Himmler obtained information from the progressives of the United States on how to deal with "undesirable" people. These methods were documented in a book titled 'pivot of civilization ' written by Magaret Sanger who was just chosen as one of the most influential people of the last century by liberals. These people are scary and capable of anything. America today reminds me of story's told by Russian nobility who said they thought the communists were AMUSING they did not think it had a chance of actuall happening. We are near that point.

waltspecht 1 year, 8 months ago

Oh he was there to vote to extend Pigford benefits applications. Plus the medical bills that got his Wife that job at the Hospital. He is a bigger crook than Sanford and his Wife and step-children. Say, has anyone needed a schlorship lately? It's election time and I'm sure some are available. Maybe a job monitoring the Marshal's program where you just get a check and never go to work. Of course Sanford's wife might deposit the check in her account.

lynn227 1 year, 8 months ago

There's a thin line between free speech and slander.

waltspecht 1 year, 8 months ago

If it were, then several Newspapers, and TV Media would have been sued when they first put it out. Basically all a matter of public record if you cared to Google it

chinaberry25 1 year, 8 months ago

First Walt, you are on the wrong spot. Go to Sanford Bishop. But the moral is that Obama and Sanford are more of the same song. I lived through Kennedy and other great presidents and I would never have ever thought I would see this great country what it is. There is no more pride that the past use to have. White and blacks both. The atmosphere is not the laid back society that I grew up in. I know that black people did not have the opportunities as whites and for this is apologize. I did not have anything to do with it and there have been many black people that I loved like family. Enough said, we all need to vote for the one is good for this country and the future of our children and grandchildren. As far as Obama birth certificate, no they are not real. And he does not want his transcripts released because he can get impeached. He lied under oath on those transcripts. He may or may not have been born here, but whatever it says is not the truth. He is a cuckoo placed in anothers nest.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

AMEN SQUAWKER!! Obama needs to stop trying to clean everyone else's back yard until he cleans up his own front yard...

43cop 1 year, 8 months ago

I hope Romney doesn't release anything else until the "Dictator" of America releases everything Thank you Sister Ruby, you said it all.

Jimboob 1 year, 8 months ago

What a bunch of brain washed nitwits.

willie 1 year, 8 months ago

Do any of you posting here take the time to read what each of you are saying and how it reflects on the view others get of Albany.

lynn227 1 year, 8 months ago

The majority of the people posting here have already stated they don't even live in Albany. Do you begin to see the problem with that, Willie? They are wack jobs from out of town. You just can't keep pigs from the troth.

chinaberry25 1 year, 8 months ago

Lynn, most people I know who post on here DO live in Albany. I am ashamed to say I do. It is not a place to be proud of. America is also heading that way quickly. Nobody can find any bad thing to hash out about Romney, so they have to harp on his taxes. I am sure he paid alot more than anyone in Albany.

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

I don't consider myself a, as you say, wack job......I am opinionated....a much nicer term..I think.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

I think it's "trough". You can't teach pigs to spell, that's a fact.

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

Ohhhhhhhh...good one Ruby...is she going to counter with....misspell.."I meant to say trUth..hehe.....or really meant "boxlike like structure for livestock"..ie...thus implying we are pigs.....boo hoo. ,,,,,,,,,or should that be oink oink......sits back and waits......

TheMember 1 year, 8 months ago

If it was only said in Albany, I would be embarrassed for Albany, but just take the time to read other papers online and you will see the same responses. So get off the "it looks bad for Albany" kick and realize the comments have merit for the situations discussed. Bottom line, Obama is terrible and the DCSS is ruining the school system.

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

I do willie, i read what I say. I even tell my friends to read the Herald online and we discuss some of the posts. Some of them find the posts amusing, some find them shocking and some find them disgusting and to them I say, "you are entitled to your opinion." My German friend needs to have a lot of the terms explained to him as do my friends from New Zealand and Australia but my 2 friends from England enjoy reading them very much. The friends in the states just read and comment very little.

VSU 1 year, 8 months ago

It's not the comments that makes Albany look bad, It's the reality of Albany that makes Albany look bad.

TheMember 1 year, 8 months ago

I guarantee his thesis has something to do with "The end of America" or "The Way America Was" There is no doubt in my mind it is one of them.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 8 months ago

or "A Better America" or "The Utopian America".

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

Who wrote them? Too lazy to Google...sorry. Nevermind...I looked.....too many writing about a Utopian society.....sigh I wish Romney good luck on building a better America should he win the Presidency...and I wish Obama luck should he win, and I wish Ron Paul luck should he win, and I wish any one who wins the job good luck with the most horrible and thankless job in the Unites States. I guess it is true..you can't satisfy everyone..no matter how hard you try. As I say, I never vote for a presidental candidate....I am more concerned about who represents me in Congress for I think that is where the power lies...and I am concerned about the Supreme Court and who the next president will appoint to the bench and who the Congress will approve for it will impact my life and the lives of my children and grandchildren and their children for many years to come. I want to make sure that the person I send to Congress is a fine and decent, honest individual who will take into account how the choice the president makes will impact so many lives in the ensuing years.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Mamma said if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all....at this point, all I can think of is not real nice.....

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

It doesn't matter....many people say things that aren't nice....get it off your chest...it will make you feel better and make people stop wondering what you were going to say.......go for it..

sogalakesue 1 year, 8 months ago

Come on agirl_25, I can't believe you don't vote for President, yet you are so concerned about who is appointed to the Supreme Court. Since whoever is President makes those appointments, I would say that you are not too concerned about that either or about the future of your children, grandchildren and their children on down the line because the Supreme Court certainly makes decisions that will have a great effect on all of them.

agirl_25 1 year, 8 months ago

The Congress approves who the president appoints. If they reject the nominee it starts all over again till someone suitable is chosen. I like the fact that a majority has to approve the nominee. So if 51% of Congress doesn't like the person it goes on and on until someone suitable is chosen. I think there have been some stinking choices in the past but hopefully there will be a few seats coming up to fill soon and the Congress will fill them with well qualified people.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 8 months ago

Obama 4 more years! He's the man.

He's one of Bubbavat_rureel choices. Ok, your play Coach.

Semi -retired, BVR.