Wendy’s manager charged in reckless conduct case

ALBANY, Ga. — Among the incidents the Albany Police Department responded to over the weekend included an aggravated assault in which a restaurant manager — and possibly another employee at the establishment — pointed a gun at customers late Sunday evening, available reports show.

Reports indicate the incident took place at the Wendy’s at 1101 Dawson Road at about 11:30 p.m. The victims were identified by police officials as Tario Mandez Scott, 20, and Romaz Fidel Jones, 19.

While at the drive-thru window at Wendy’s, the victims got into a verbal altercation with the manager. The victims drove to the front parking lot and demanded the manager to come outside, police said.

According to the victims, Brian Xavier Haire, 22, the store manager, came out and pointed what appeared to be a handgun at them, police officials said.

The victims further stated that Haire handed the gun to his co-worker, Arthur Bell. Scott and Haire got into a physical altercation. While the two were fighting, Jones reported that Bell pointed the gun at him and told him not to interfere, police officials said.

Haire was charged with affray and reckless conduct. He was arrested on Monday morning.

Additional charges were pending in the case as of Monday afternoon, police said.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Clarifying: This is the Night Manager.....not the nice ladies working during the day time that I buy my Spicy Chicken sandwiches from at lunch.

VSU 1 year, 7 months ago

Guess maybe their Spicy Chicken sandwich wasn't spicy enough? This is almost laughable if it wasn't a potential dangerous situation. Imagine a manager pointing guns at every customer, but I am sure it goes much deeper than that.

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Wonder why the manager didn't just call the Cops?

whattheheck 1 year, 7 months ago

Probably started as a language problem over the intercom and quickly turned into an Albany solution. Agree with VSU. there is more to this one than meets the eye. Does Wendy's issue a gun to its managers or does this one belong to the homeboy?

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 7 months ago

It's hard to find good help these days. Terry, your comment is classic. LMAO

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Are you saying the Soup Nazi works at Wendy's?

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 7 months ago

I wonder if Wendy's is going to pay the Manager's bail for him like Church's Chicken did for the lady that stole her customer's credit card. People are just unbelievable the way conduct themselves around here.

billybob 1 year, 7 months ago

I know there's a joke in there somewhere involving a 'Baconator.' I just haven't found it yet.

ittybittyme 1 year, 7 months ago

Have not gone in there or by there in the last two years due to the ghetto folks that work there and horrible service...this does not surprise me...

Albanite 1 year, 7 months ago

This particular Wendy's franchise only cooks 'to order' after 11 p.m. So if you want a grilled chicken sandwich, its a 17 minute wait. I'm glad that APD has taken action. Maybe now we can get that wait to under 5 minutes so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Lets see now, If I want to go to the Jamacian Restaurant in Shackelford plaza I need the dog and a piece. If I want to go to Wendy's on Dawson I need to be armed in the least, and have the dog in case someone wants to get into a fight. I don't remember all these problems being associated with getting a meal a year ago.

tywebb 1 year, 7 months ago

"victim" - there were only 9 pieces of bacon on my baconator!

"manager"- No, I put 10 pieces on there myself!

"victim" - No you didn't!

"manager" - Yes I did!

"victim" - Meet me outside!

30 seconds later......

"victim" - Damn, he's packin'!