Three arrests made in Luke homicide

ALBANY, Ga. - Three arrests have been made in connection to the killing of 24-year-old Dontavious Luke that took place over the weekend, officials with the Albany Police Department say.

The three arrested were:

• Kelvin Drake was charged with aggravated assault, criminal damage to property in the 2nd degree, possession of a firearm by convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and criminal street gang participation. Additional charges are pending.

-Manasseh Skinner was charged with aggravated assault, false report of a crime, possession of a firearm by convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and criminal street gang participation.

• Keith Roberson was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and criminal street gang participation.

This case remains an active investigation with additional arrest(s) pending, police officials say.

Comments

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

From the lack of a murder charge apparent, will there be a claim of self defense?

jsteve74 1 year, 11 months ago

neither of these ppl commited murder or had a gun

tywebb 1 year, 11 months ago

were you a participant? i see where someone else is charged with the murder, but how do you know they didn't have a gun? they are all charged with possessing a firearm during the commission of a crime

jglass 1 year, 11 months ago

Lock them up and throw away the key!!!!

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

Anyone else wondering why all three of these convicted felons have guns???

jsteve74 1 year, 11 months ago

the shooter had the only gun these 3 were also shot by the same gun

USTPC 1 year, 11 months ago

What???? All three are convicted felons and all three had guns even though the law is very clear that convicted felons are not allowed to own or possess firearms of any kind? Surely they would not intentional disobey the law. Oh wait, yes they would because they are convicted felons and laws mean nothing to them.

jsteve74 1 year, 11 months ago

the only one with a gun was da shooter and he aint been caught

USTPC 1 year, 11 months ago

Really? Did you read the same story I did?

-Kelvin Drake was charged with aggravated assault, criminal damage to property in the 2nd degree, possession of a firearm by convicted felon

-Keith Roberson was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon

Now unless they are fabricating the charges that tells me all three of the above mentioned individuals had guns and are convicted felons.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

I was gonna copy and paste for jsteve74 too, but part of me was thinking he was being sarcastic??? Maybe they all passed the guns around?

USTPC 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey, I just realized that a young black man was killed and we have not heard anything from Jackson or Sharpton about this tragedy or about the fact that the murderer(s) need to be prosecuted. Why do you think that is? Maybe because it is a black on black crime which they do not give a rat's butt about because there is no money in it.

TRUTH101 1 year, 11 months ago

The main difference is that all of the participants in this where in the wrong and (more than likely) involved in illegal activity. With Mr. Martin (I'm assuming his case is what you are referring to) he was totally innocent........ Sadly you are correct that black on black crime is committed more often (by ignorant african-americans) but that in no way justifies the MURDER of innocent Mr. Martin

USTPC 1 year, 11 months ago

Actually Truth101 I was not referring to the Martin case. I was referring to all instances where all parties involved were black. I cannot recall even one instance where Sharpton or Jackson said anything or flew to any area to raise a stink when all parties involved were black even if it appeared that the perpetrator would get off scott free in spite of some evidence to the contrary.

I would even go so far as to say that they have never showed up when a White, Hispanic, Asian or any other race was killed by a black person or by each other and the person doing the killing did not get charged with murder even when evidence showed there was the possibility of murder just not enough to make an arrest.

They only show up when it is a black person killed by a person of another race and that person of the other race is not immediately taken into custody and charged with murder. Does not even matter what the evidence shows happened nor do they tend to wait until all the evidence has been gathered. They immediately demand the head of the person who killed the black person.

Now, if you can direct me to a video or a story that proves me wrong I would be happy to retract what I have said.

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

Careful Y'all, you'll have people like TDuncan, Willie and others who like to defend these Street thugs and known criminals and think they are your classic school boys in here calling you racist pigs.

jsteve74 1 year, 11 months ago

has anyone noticed that gang participatinon has gone up since the war against them. I suspect is has something to do with the publicizing of their actions that makes other gang members look up to them and commit the same crimes. Mr D.A. everytime someone gets in a fight or is shot its not gang related just ignorant ppl doing dumb stuff.

FryarTuk 1 year, 11 months ago

Which one was wearing the high heels?

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 11 months ago

That is what I wanted to know. LOL

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 11 months ago

So is it appropriate to dress in stilettos when going to a gang fight now a days?

tywebb 1 year, 11 months ago

In addition to the guns, drugs, and booze being passed around......they were also passing the stiletto wearer around

FryarTuk 1 year, 11 months ago

That is probably how someone was torpedoed in the head.

ittybittyme 1 year, 11 months ago

Does not bother me to be called a racist pig for telling the truth.....where is the outrage in the black community ....Oh, I forgot there isn't any because they refuse to be accountable for anything...business as usual.....what a joke!

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

Hey now....I thought I was the racist pig....boo hoo....er, I mean oink oink.....