1. Phillip Phillips astonished by success of first album
NEW YORK — Leesburg native Phillip Phillips made a visit to the Today Show Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2012 and said that the nation's response to his debut album was "insane."
2. ASU loses longtime SID Bradley at age 46
ALBANY — The beloved and longtime Sports Information Director at Albany State, Edythe Bradley, died Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012. She was 46.
3. Downtown restaurant favorite Friday gathering place
ALBANY — From staying open Friday nights during the Downtown Merchants Association's First Friday events, Our Daily Bread restaurant at 106 N. Washington St. has become the home of a growing musical/dining scene.
4. Squawk of the day - Nov. 28, 2012
"If WG&L plans to light up an old-fashioned Christmas tree, it should have Merry Christmas on it, not Holiday Greetings. Old-fashioned does not mean Holiday Greetings."
5. Lottery ticket worth $49 million sold in Thomasville
THOMASVILLE — Georgia Lottery officials say a $49 million winning lottery ticket was sold in Southwest Georgia.
6. Squawk of the day - Nov. 27, 2012
"FSU and Georgia Tech have proved once again that they can not compete with the SEC. Try playing ASU or someone like that."
7. Shoplifting suspect's wife: He didn't have to die
ATLANTA — The wife of a shoplifting suspect who died after he was wrestled to the ground outside a suburban Atlanta Walmart said Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2012 that store employees used too much force to subdue him.
8. On the Job with Kenneth Dyer
An avid golfer, Kenneth Dyer says his dream is to line up for a birdie putt on the 17th green at Pebble Beach. He is quick to admit, however, “that I like golf a lot more than it likes me.”
9. Social media may have clues in Valdosta student's death
ATLANTA — The parents of Jasmine Benjamin first learned from a Facebook post that their daughter had been found dead in a study room at her dorm at Valdosta State University. Now, they hope that Facebook and other social media sites could help solve the death of the 17-year-old freshman shortly before Thanksgiving, which police are investigating as a homicide.
10. Two arrested for shooting at Merry Acres Inn Friday
ALBANY — Two men face aggravated assault charges after their arrests Monday, Nov. 26, 2012, in connection with a Friday shooting at a Dawson Road motel, an Albany Police Department detective said.