Phillip Phillips at the national tree lighting

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Leesburg native and American Idol winner Phillip Phillips lent his vocal talents to the president Thursday night at the national Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Washington.

Check out his performance above.

MOBILE USERS: Click here to view.

Comments

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

I like this guy and his singing.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Yeah he can slide all over them notes till he finds the right one!

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Sister, have I told you lately what an inspiration you are? Damned that could be a honky tonk song.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Who cares? I ADORE Luke Bryan and all that he has accomplished....

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Dem's fightin words round deez parts!

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Yep and I a Bama Girl---DOUBLE WHAMMY

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

I like Bryan as well. He's a step on the ladder ahead of Phillips in terms of career. Add them both to Buster Posey and they are quite a trio to emerge from Lee County.

agirl_25 1 year, 9 months ago

I have noticed the song "HOME" is used as background music in a number of TV ads and even heard it once on a TV show. Good for him. Nice to know the royalty checks will be coming in. He has done well for himself.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

I would like to think that Philly Philly is making some money off the song "Home" but he didn't write it, he's only performing it. My guess is that he is still paying his dues and some Hollywood Obama Supporting Fat Cat One Percenter Limousine Liberal is making all the money, plus a little for the songwriter(s).

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

I listened to this album and it sucks, this the American Idol winner? Joshua Ledet can sings circles around this dude and should have won the contest, but you have fools out there voting multiple times, if they only counted one vote, I bets Joshua Ledet wins hands down and Jessica Sanchez comes in second and your boy Phillips ends up 3rd. Can we say overrated personified? I know he the hometown boy, that doesn't make him the best singer out there. Just proves American Idol reeks of racism like everything else. It always geared to a guitar toting white boy, but we know who the winner should be.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

How many guitar-toting white boys have won versus the other demographic profiles?

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

When's the last time a full blooded African American won Idol? not since Fantasia, look at all the winners,since then, who they be? John Cook (Guitar toting white boy), then you had that White boy from Alabama (Another guitar toting white boy) then there was that white Hillbilly that won in 2011 (Yet another guitar toting white boy) Not one full blooded African American. I guess the only way an African American will win is to bring a guitar and sing a bunch of hillbilly songs.

agirl_25 1 year, 9 months ago

I don't remember much about the American Idol show because I don't watch much network TV and this was the first time I ever saw it. Mostly watched it because of the local fellow, Phillip, being on it. I don't know who the Fantasia person is but did a Google and wonder about her being from Africa. It doesn't say she is from Africa. Says she is from North Carolina and is illiterate. How can you say she is African-American? Just because she is black...!! If I stand in my garage am I a car? Good god man....get your facts straight...another moron with this African-American crap....The only true African-Americans I know of in the entertainment business today (off the top of my head) are Dave Matthews and Charlize Theron.....gasp....but they are white...go figure..... feel free to do a Google...

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

",,,,,,reeks of racism" just like your every waking thought

ginny 1 year, 9 months ago

Even I could get out there and SCREEEaaammmAAMMm, WAAAIILLL like Joshua Ledet! Comeonman!

glennw 1 year, 9 months ago

To all you Phillip haters; he's laughing all the way to the bank at you. And by the way; he's traveling the world and you're not...I guess that's kind of a double whammy now, isn't it? Happy holidays.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

I've traveled the world twice before anybody knew who Phillly Philly was and didn't need to be no American Idol winner to do it, so there you go sucker. Happy holidays yourself fool.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Listened to Phillips again and the piano part is really good. I like the performance all round.

alleebrin 1 year, 9 months ago

PP is making an honest living - not shoplifting and receiving government handouts! You go, PP!!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

What I'd like to know, if anybody has any REAL facts, is PP getting any money in the bank and I mean Ben Franks, not pennies? All your stupid opinions about his music and talent don't mean nothing to me. I just hope the boy is gettin' some money, not just making money for other peoples.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Sister, you're breaking some hearts when you tell folks their opinions don't mean nothing to you.