Friday, December 21, 2012
© Copyright 2015 Albany Herald
- There’s no need for the regular gas cost reports. We get it. Gas is cheaper wherever it is you visited recently. And we know you’re angered by the greed of the local suppliers. Short of getting a horse or moving to one of these nearby shangri-las, there’s not a whole lot you can do.
- We’re somewhat entertained by all the latest clever rumblings from the fringe element of the far right, but no matter how upset you are, no conspiracy theory you feel compelled to pass on is going to change the outcome of the recent presidential election. Suggestion: Move on.
- I think it’s clear now: You don’t want the city to spend one penny of your tax money to support a) the Flint RiverQuarium, b) the Thronateeska Heritage Center, c) the Civil Rights Institute, d) downtown, e) any new business venture considering locating here or f) anything that doesn’t benefit you personally. Check, check and double-check.
- Don’t worry, your touching concern for maligned gun owners’ rights has convinced us all: Guns really don’t kill people. How foolish of anyone — Damn those liberals! — to suggest otherwise.
- Surely the “negotiated separation” that has removed Joshua Murfree from the Dougherty School System’s superintendent’s office is a sad day for Squawkbox nation. Be of good cheer: There will be another elected/appointed official who’ll come along and erase “No. 34” from your hearts.
- You’ve made your point: You’ll die before you get treatment at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Just in case: Rest in peace.
- We understand that you no doubt have God’s ear and a clear understanding of the mysterious ways in which He works. (An aside here: How about throwing in a good word for me? I don’t have many friends in high or low places.) But your suggestion that any bad thing that happens is the wrath of His judgement on this wicked world is a little too convenient to pass muster. No disrespect, but I think God probably is not a big fan of your trying to lay the acts of sick human beings at His feet. Can we agree that at least some of the bad stuff that happens happens because there are some really bad people in this world?
- I suggest some of you resolve to be a more honest Squawker and not use code words like “entitlement crowd” and “gimmmedats” and such. Just say what you really mean: “all black people.”