Breaking News

Lewis-Polite wins DCSS Teacher of the Year April 17, 2014

Squawk of the Day - Dec. 27, 2012

"Mayor Hubbard, the dress code ordinance must be re-enforced. I still see baggy pants along with see-through yoga pants, spandex and leggings around town, not to mention the excess cleavage they purposely expose. It’s degrading to us decent human beings."

Comments

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 3 months ago

Really? What volume level should my surround sound be on while watching tv?

waltspecht 1 year, 3 months ago

Not if your a Sailor, either Merchant Marine or Navy. As long as it's female doing the exposing. Look, it isn't your place to tell people what they can wear as long as they do not violate any deciency laws or codes. It is called choices. Just be glad you don't live at the beach., I don't think your heart could stand it.

RedEric 1 year, 3 months ago

You can measure sound, dB, but writing a law for decency is like writing a law for smell. A heavenly smell for some might nauseous to others. A hot body for some may be blubber butt to others.

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

" A hot body for some . . . " is a hot body for all, some folks just get jealous. (lol)

RedEric 1 year, 3 months ago

Marilyn Monroe was a size 14, that is considered "large" by the skinny frenzies. Personally, I prefer Marilyn.

Jimboob 1 year, 3 months ago

Speaking for "Old Men" I favor "Hot Bodies" for all...

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

We are a bunch of lechers! And I love it.

Thurman 1 year, 3 months ago

And these were City employees within City offices the squawker was talking about.

daisymae 1 year, 3 months ago

As a female, I do not want to have to stare down your clevage or watch you while you try to figure out how to get to the bottom file drawer in your skirt so short you can barely move while you are trying to help me with my business and I most certainly DO NOT want to see someone's hairy crack while he is working in a sitting or bending position but that is just me. But of course I was raised with self respect.

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

I am with you beginning " . . . DO NOT want to see someone's hairy . . . "

Jax 1 year, 3 months ago

You do not HAVE to stare at anything, DaisyMae. You are welcome to your opinions on the matter, of course, but no one is forcing your eyes anywhere...except you.

rock 1 year, 3 months ago

HOw about we start a dress code ordanance for all the old people in Albany who go without their teeth in thier mouth! I find this completely disgusting! What about laws forbidding socks with sandals, or hosery with open toe shoes. Old people want to force others into a style dress that was popular in the late 30's. Styles change, people change etc. If not for change we would all be doing yard work in shirt and tie, women would still be wearing full length dress and of course we would beat our spouses and children mercilessly in the name of discipline. People complain about dress, yet they are the worst about personal hygiene, personal appearances etc. Comb you hair, put your teeth in your mouth, lay off the stinking perfumes, cover up the stink of our pipe and cover you nasty hammer toed feet. People have the right to choose their syle of dress, you do not like it, lock yourself in the house, do not go anywhere and shut the hell up.

waltspecht 1 year, 3 months ago

How do you know it is Old Folks? It could just as easily be a Preacher, Nun or Relegious Zealot making the Squawk!

rock 1 year, 3 months ago

Since the odds are in favor of it being an old person I will go with that. It has been experenced in this area that the Old People want all this. If I am incorrect , oh well, but it still applies.

chinaberry25 1 year, 3 months ago

No, it is not all old people. But since we old people pay most of the taxes, we should not have to look at your hairy crotch or ugly tattoos. Cannot wait until you start sagging. That will be a hoot.

Jimboob 1 year, 3 months ago

So... A young girl got a tattoo of a rose bud on her breast. As she aged it became a longstemmed American Beauty.

Jimboob 1 year, 3 months ago

I want to talk about those "Hot Bodies" some more.... Feels good on a cold morning.

rock 1 year, 3 months ago

I am with you brother, I love to go the mall and see all the beautiful women in tight jeans and showing off the goods. If the good lord did not want us to look, we would not have eyes for beauty. By the way, I am over 60...

Sally_O 1 year, 3 months ago

Can we say dirty old perverts? I don't want no old fart looking at me.

rock 1 year, 3 months ago

Stay home or stay covered, we are going to look and we are going to talk about you. Wear a Ghurka or get over yourself.

Sally_O 1 year, 3 months ago

Can't bare to look at your wrinkly skinned wife?

RedEric 1 year, 3 months ago

A ghurka is a Nepalese native in the British army. Are you suggesting this lady wear a soldier? Maybe she would like, but I don't know as I have not seen her. By the way, you are a classic example of low information voters.

rock 1 year, 3 months ago

My Bad...BURKA would be better.

Jimboob 1 year, 3 months ago

But it's OK for some young pervert? I call that age discrimination...

Cartman 1 year, 3 months ago

How about we quit trying to come up with new laws every time someone complains? We have enough laws on the books already that we don't enforce.

rock 1 year, 3 months ago

Sally_O .... My wife is still as beautiful to me as the day we met. The years have not changed that. Just because we like to look at others does not make for perverts or crims, it makes us human and appreciative of beautiful things or people. You should hope and pray that as your youthful looks fade and gravity and babies take that young figure away that your husband will still find you as such and not stray. Then again, by your comments you may be just as ugly on the outside as your seem to be inside. Time and Gravity has not and will not lessen the love I have for my wife and I still like way her butt looks in her jeans and her legs in shorts still drive me crazy.

Sally_O 1 year, 3 months ago

I assure you I am just as attractive and beautiful as any other attractive woman, look till your eyeballs pop out of their sockets if you like, but know that if an old geezer like you tries to touch me, I'll have you on the ground in 3 seconds flat, and that goes for anybody else.

Jimboob 1 year, 3 months ago

That's OK... We can do it in the road... :-)

agirl_25 1 year, 3 months ago

I thought the talk of a dress code in Albany was about those pants the boys wore way down low that they thought was a fashion statement. They were showing their undies...or am I wrong? I don't keep up much with the fashion police in the city. I didn't know there was a dress code about women's cothing too...??? duh is me.....Sincerely, Mrs. Dilligaf.

daisymae 1 year, 3 months ago

Jax, it is not that I want to stare at it but when they are standing right in front of you leaning over you have no choice and trust me I try to not to look but it is just not the proper attire if they have to keep pulling their shirt up to keep their breast from flopping out.