Squawk of the day - Feb. 2, 2012

"Hey Terrell County, I have been bitten by Chihuahuas, dashchunds, labs, and German shepherds, but never a pit bull. You need to apply the new law evenly."

Comments

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

Wow! If you've been bitten at least four different times, then maybe YOU are the problem, not the dogs.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 6 months ago

Yeah, you must be one mean mo fo...

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 6 months ago

sorry--my son was bit by a cocker spaniel and my husband was attacked by a cat and contracted cat scratch fever. I agree, treat all animals equally...

billybob 2 years, 6 months ago

Ted Nugent would like a word with your husband.

SweetPea 2 years, 6 months ago

Time for a reality check. Cocker spaniels, cats and dachshunds don't KILL PEOPLE! Check this out: http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2011.php Together, pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (4), the number two lethal dog breed, accounted for 84% of all fatal attacks in 2011. In the 7-year period from 2005 to 2011, this same combination accounted for 73% (156) of the total recorded deaths (213).

Yes, pit bulls deserve to be treated differently!!

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

As the late Lewis Grizzard said "That dog will bite you!!"

Jacob 2 years, 6 months ago

Then you are lucky it wasn't a pit that bit mauled you. Check the statistics on the CDC website. Pit bulls kill more people than all other breeds combined. Sure, all dogs can bite, but when a pit does, the chances of extreme injury and death are much, much greater. I say ban the breed and let thugs and rednecks find some other way to compensate for their lack of self worth and poor self image.

Jimboob 2 years, 6 months ago

My girlfriend bit me... Should she be required to wear a muzzle?

albanyherald1 2 years, 6 months ago

Lulu, you crack me up! And I agree with Jacob. The problem with pit bulls is it usually isn't "just a bite". They usually cause extensive damage, maul and/or kill when they attack. It isn't comparible to a chihuaha or most other dogs, who usually bite and move on.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

The Chow has the most powerful bite in the canine family.

Jacob 2 years, 6 months ago

and the pit kills more people than all other breeds combined, so your statement adds even more credence to snuffing these four legged time bombs.