Squawk of the Day - Feb. 4, 2012

"At 82, I’ve worked and paid taxes all my adult life, served 40 years in and with the military, own my own home and someone on welfare/Medicaid vote cancels mine. I don’t really think the founding fathers thought this would happen."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

My Brother you are EXACTLY RIGHT and of course they thought it all out and concluded that ONLY PROPERTY OWNERS (and therefore tax payers) would get the VOTE!!! But unfortunately that concept did not last.

What's the modern-day application? Just think about it and while you're thinking about it you might discover why all the DEMOCRAT politicians like to GIVE AWAY money to non-tax-paying people to BUY VOTES even if they have to borrow a few TRILLION dollars from CHINA to do it.

Pretty sick. Sick in a bad way, just to be clear.

1d2ec 2 years, 2 months ago

And buying votes is against the LAW. HA HA HA

Spike 2 years, 2 months ago

Sister Ruby said it! and I agree.

1d2ec 2 years, 2 months ago

And vote buying is against the LAW HA HA for you and me.

waltspecht 2 years, 2 months ago

Isn't it in the best interest of the individual to vote for the one that will look out for their benefits, instead of the one that will look out for the benefit of the Country and State? That's the problem, and the Founding Father's predicted it. For wasn't it Jefferson that said the Country will fail when the people determine they can vote themselves into prosperity. What will happen when the few that are still working, decide they no longer want to work? When those with the money decide they don't want to invest it and be taxed to death, and simply live off of what they already have? When the Entitlement folks decide they deserve more and take what you have left? Think about it, and tell me we aren't in trouble.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

waltspecht, your quote "For wasn't it Jefferson that said the Country will fail when the people determine they can vote themselves into prosperity." has been attributed to everybody from Jefferson to Hitler to Stalin and others. But I've never really known WHO really said it. Nevertheless, whoever said it was a genius and we're proving him right to the tune of $15 TRILLION and counting.............

waltspecht 2 years, 2 months ago

The exact quote from Jefferson's 1821 Autobiography is "When the People find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic". Next time I shall endeaver to be more specific.

agirl_25 2 years, 2 months ago

Let's not forget the homeless either, Squawker.......their vote, or votes, and I am sure they are a pawn in the game of political crooks out there for homeless individuals in all states have the right to register and vote. In most states, when registering to vote homeless voters only need to designate their place of residence, which can be a street corner, a park, a shelter, or any other location where an individual stays at night. A citizen many only have one residency during registration, but they may switch their residency each time they change locations. My husband too did exactly what you did, worked hard all his life, military and civilian and we are reaping the fruits of his labor and have gotten to the point where we just don't care anymore.......well I don't..he yells and screams but I just go about my business happy as can be. I made up my mind a long time ago not to worry anymore. Not worth it. Have a nice day.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

Somehow I don't think God gave us a mind just to put it out to pasture and not care about the destruction of our nation. I think that's what the Jews did when Hitler took over, along with half of the German Christians.

agirl_25 2 years, 2 months ago

Save your rhetoric for someone who is a believer. To ‘choose’ dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the Kool-Aid. I know what Hitler did.....I visited Dachau...and saw what the Gypsies, the Jews, the Jehovah's Witnesses, the homosexuals, the Catholics, the Lutherans, the political prisoners, the disabled, the communist, the ethnic Poles, the intellectuals, (did you think they only held Jews and German Christians?).......what they all went thru. As I said, have a nice day.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

Well the brain that Charles Darwin gave you then. And perhaps you missed my point.....it was the average German citizen who went around having nice days and wishing everyone else nice days, oblivious to the rising threat that the egomaniacal and power-hungry Hitler was from the late 1920's.....starting out as a fringe kook (not unlike Ron Paul perhaps?) and almost overnight became the all-powerful Fuhrer. There is no excuse for not being aware of the times we're in and speaking up about it before speaking out will no longer be allowed. We're closer to it than you think.