Squawk of the Day - Feb. 6, 2012

"I was at a restaurant Friday night when several young girls and their dads came in all dressed up after going to the Daddy-Daughter dance. What a nice event that is. It is something those girls will not forget."

Comments

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 9 months ago

I would very much like to see a Mother-Son function. The relationship between a mother and her son is just as important and needs fostering just as much as that between a father and his daughter.

PatrickY2K 2 years, 9 months ago

This isn't a very "fun" Squawk. I hope tomorrow's Squawk of the Day will allow everyone to get back to bashing Obama for lowering the unemployment rate and creating hundreds of thousands of private-sector jobs, or all poor people for being lazy, or most importantly, the hundreds of DCSS teachers who lie, cheat, and steal, daily. I guess Albany need a one-day break from all of the negative (I know that I did).

tywebb 2 years, 9 months ago

you needed a break, and yet you still find a way to bring it up. Genius. btw, I love your self portrait

whattheheck 2 years, 9 months ago

Cheer up, Pat, the beatings will resume tomorrow on scheduled. Meanwhile, I for one am glad to see the D-D dance was a big success. Something positive for the Getta Life City. Uh, by the way, it is "needs" not "need" a break from the, as my old boss from Texas used to say, "neckative" comments. lol

PatrickY2K 2 years, 9 months ago

People of Earth,

Of course, I'm being facetious. I wasn't complaining, or complaining about the lack of complaining - merely making a comment that the subject has been changed on other Squawks to work-in unrelated complaints.

Albany gets nice, new signs welcoming everyone to our city, but people complain about it in the Squawk Box. Everyone associated with the DCSS is called a crook and/or a cheat daily. Obama is called a muslim socialist who is "gonna take away our guns!" (said in your best redneck voice). How dare he use our tax money to take care of us! (also facetious) It's different when the government builds interstate highways, though (poor people use those, right?).

Companies are leaving (or aren't coming) because of the negativity. Want a more diverse work-force? Have a healthy city that attracts outsiders, or be content with Albany State graduates everywhere (I'm not saying anything negative about Albany State, just that it doesn't make for a diverse work-force).

The Daddy-Daughter Dance looked to be a huge success. I'm sure there will be a negative "squawk" about it.

Welcome to Albany!

P.S. facetious - jesting or joking; meant to be humorous or funny; not serious

whattheheck 2 years, 9 months ago

No problem, Pat. I think most know what you meant. Tough audience today, eh? After all, it is Monday.........

agirl_25 2 years, 9 months ago

By the way, Patrick....I love being addressed as People of Earth....makes me feel rather important.....and which planet might you be from?

atina3438 2 years, 9 months ago

Maybe whomever steered the daughter-dad could also instigate a mom-son. Very nice, indeed!

Sally_O 2 years, 9 months ago

Can't be anymore negative than this. Somebody writes a positive squawk, and someone finds negative things to say.

dingleberry 2 years, 9 months ago

What is the saying? One man's negative is another man's positive? Or maybe its one man's positive is another man's negative. I'm not positive about this. All in good fun today since I don't see how such a successful, wholesome event can possibly be construed as something other than what it was--great for the attendees, the charities supported, and the city.. Making memories and Kodak moments. Good show!

agirl_25 2 years, 9 months ago

Uh oh.....not quite an appropriate thing to say, you think? Just an opinion.

VSU 2 years, 9 months ago

Well i agree it is not appropriate, but dingy wasn't happy with the good father/daughter relation story. But I apologize for the comment, I guess it was in poor taste.

agirl_25 2 years, 9 months ago

Well thank you. I understand. Nice of you to apologize.

VSU 2 years, 9 months ago

NP! I was just thinking of something opposite than good experience, but went a little too opposite if you will. :)

Parent 2 years, 9 months ago

The mother/son dance is February 25th

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 9 months ago

D stands for DESTRUCTION and R stands for RESTORATION. D stands for Doling out my Dollars to Dopes and R stands for Restraining the Remuneratoin to Rascals.

tywebb 2 years, 9 months ago

ruby, you are all over the map today! please try to keep up with the topic on hand. thanks

Susan123 2 years, 9 months ago

Do you ever post anything on the actual topic of the squawk?? I think I just might start posting 'Apples are red' everywhere I possibly I can.