Squawk of the day - Feb. 8, 2012

"Hats off to the young teenage lady who has been picking up trash in Lake Park."

Comments

Shinedownfan 2 years, 2 months ago

If we could get people not to use the beds of their pick-ups as a trash can, then all the trash wouldnt fly out all over the roads! This is my favorite Squawk today: "If the People who didnt vote for Obama moved out of the United States, the ones that didnt would starve to death." I thought this exact same thing when I read the squawks over the weekend.

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 2 months ago

Agreed about the pick-up trucks. Folks, don't put trash back there because it flies out of the bed of your truck and all over the roads. Not cool at all. That's why the Westover median looks like a garbage dump all the time. I travel all over the state and I don't see the amount of litter on their roadways like we have on ours.

Thanks to the folks who do try to keep our community looking nice.

VSU 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't understand why some people find it so hard to dispose of trash properly. It really isn't that hard. I joke at my nephew about having trash and bottles in his car, but at least he is not throwing them out on the street.

waltspecht 2 years, 2 months ago

The problem is beyond Pick-ups. It involves deliberate littering. The law needs to be enforced, and the fines need to be higher. Plus if they can't pay the fine the community service should be based on the weight of trash they collect from a certain stretch of road, not so many hours oof walking around in the sun talking to your friends there with you. All of you with the cell phone cameras, you need to get pictures and forward them to code enforcement.

justme 2 years, 2 months ago

Rednecks and hillbillies all use their pickup for a trash can.

VSU 2 years, 2 months ago

And others use anywhere that is convenient for them as trash cans. This includes tossing their trash out the window as they drive down the road or simply tossing the trash on the ground as they are walking.

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 2 months ago

And thank you to the young lady.

armywomanblue 2 years, 2 months ago

rednecks and hillbillies? is that a racial slur? not all of us "rednecks" even own trucks. even still the hard working ones dont leave trash in the back to fly out!