‘Funny’ political email is full of venom

The following is an example of a hate email message. “To save the economy, Obama will announce on March 1, 2012 that he will issue an executive order to begin deporting elderly Americans in order reduce funds for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Elderly Americans are easier to catch and won’t remember how to get back home ...”

The email message was intended to be funny, but I’m not laughing. The partisan Republican who sent the message needs to visit the living places of unemployed Americans and listen to their children cry with hunger pangs.

Bluntly, the Constitution does not give absolute liberties to Americans! Individual responsibility goes with each personal freedom given all Americans by the Constitution.

ROY WETHERINGTON

Tifton

Comments

Abytaxpayer 2 years, 6 months ago

Individual responsibility goes with each personal freedom given all Americans by the Constitution. .

Individual responsibility

waltspecht 2 years, 6 months ago

I for one see the humor in the E-mail. I don't always try to see the bad side of everythuing. Sort of like a political cartoon. It is a comment on the Feds inability or unwillingness to catch and deport individuals that have entered and remain in this country by other than legal means. Trying to tie it to the budget, healthcare, Social Security and dementia. Then again we all have our own way of looking at things.

gotanyfacts 2 years, 6 months ago

The Constitution limited the powers of the federal government to those specifically listed. All other powers were given to the states and people. This made it quite difficult for a ruling elite to establish itself. As we see in this administration, difficult does not mean impossible!

Jack_Frost 2 years, 6 months ago

Silly, silly man. Individual responsibility would mean that people would have to step up and take care of themselves rather than expecting Uncle Sam to do it for them. You know, like Medicaid?
For what it's worth, the email had more to do with illegal aliens than old folks, but I guess you were just to busy being indignant to bother to figure that out, huh?

agirl_25 2 years, 6 months ago

Well I am truly sorry some got offended by the email but I am glad in my old age and gimp condition (yes I can call myself a gimp, for I am one and have earned the right so don't start!) that I still have an intact sense of humor. My friend in Seattle sent me a lovely plan for the health care crisis: He is thinking of running on the SENIOR CITIZENS FOR HEALTH CARE REFORM TICKET. His plan is as follows.

So you're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you, what do you do? Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot four Congressmen. Of course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, air conditioning and all the health care you need! Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? That's great. Need a new hip, knees, kidney, lungs or heart? They're all covered. And, as an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you as often as they do now. And who will be paying for all of this? It's the same government that just told you that you they cannot afford for you to go into a home.Plus, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income taxes anymore.Is this a great country or what?

Justice4Moma 2 years, 6 months ago

U go agirl!,i am glad to see people with a sense of humor on here.And in Life! I have come to look at it this way,You Cant Beat em,You cant Join Them,You cant Fire them,You cant Sue them.So what the hell you gona do sit around and cry all the time?