Squawk of the Day - Feb. 27, 2012

"So I was at work and had just walked to the mailbox and a cop came down the road in his car and he was texting. Had his cell phone right in front of his face texting. What’s up with that?"

Comments

Abytaxpayer 2 years, 1 month ago

All APD cars are numbered. Call APD @ 431-2100 report car number and location along with misconduct of officer.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 1 month ago

Why and When did everybody start beginning their sentences with "So............." ??

Sister Ruby hates that. It's the new "like".

"Like I saw this cop who like was like texting and like driving and I was like "hello?"

LuLu 2 years, 1 month ago

I, like, so totally agree!!! But Sister... Hello!!!!... Please don't start referring to yourself in the third person! : )

But, yes, I definitely agree with Abytaxpayer. Get the car number and report it! Although you'll probably get more action out of the Squawkbox.

Clif 2 years, 1 month ago

I have noticed a vast overuse of 'like" --"so"---"cool"----. Without those three words, some people could not complete a sentence.

Susan123 2 years, 1 month ago

So.........like, is this post going to annoy you?

Susan likes that :) and apples are red.

coachjohnson42 2 years, 1 month ago

Pull out your cell phone and video them next time!!!

waltspecht 2 years, 1 month ago

This is APD your talking about. Their Shift Supervisor should have been called immediately. That way you can stay out of it, and you are following the chain of command. However, just as Police are exempted from the seatbelt law (thats why there are more Second Chance Saves in vehicle accidents than shootings) I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't exempted from the texting law and the common sense of not using a cell phone while driving. Probably due to the computer consol in the vehicle. Although both the seatbelt and the text thing makes more sense for their not ignoring the law.

jglass 2 years, 1 month ago

Yes, you should have gotten the car number and called it in immediately along with the time of day and what ever other details you could have provided. They need to be accountable. I have and will continue to report police and bus drivers if I see that they are not doing their jobs correctly.

Clif 2 years, 1 month ago

I'll try to post again....Several hours ago, I replied to a post and It was going to be reviewed and posted. I guess the reviewers didn't agree with what I had to say.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

If you are new here, they review before posting. After a couple of posts, your posts will show up right away.

Clif 2 years, 1 month ago

Thanks, VSU. There's plenty to post about in Albany and Dougherty County..

erudite 2 years, 1 month ago

No, Clif, there does not seem to be freedom of speech or press here. I too have had posts not posted because they did not fit the Herald's agenda. I have written for a list of restrictions but have yet to receive a reply.

PatrickY2K 2 years, 1 month ago

You don't really understand Freedom of Speech, do you? The First Amendment protects you from consequences from the government - it doesn't mean the Albany Herald must post everything you say.

LuLu 2 years, 1 month ago

Also, if you're buddy-buddy with someone at the Herald and you post something you later regret, you can call your buddy and he'll have the post(s) removed for you, even though it messes up the flow of the whole conversation and is very obvious and unfair to everyone involved. And when someone questions the Herald about it, even repeatedly, they'll ignore you and pretend they know nothing about it.

coachjohnson42 2 years, 1 month ago

wow...really LULU??? you must have some experience in this area....