Squawk of the Day - Jan. 10, 2012

"Coming down U.S. Highway 19, a woman is driving with her knee and texting with both hands, leaning over in the seat, speed limit is 55 and she is only doing maybe 30 and has absolutely no clue that people are passing her until I blew my horn as I went around her. There are still idiots on the road."

Comments

Shinedownfan 2 years, 3 months ago

You are supposed to use cruise control when you text and drive, doesnt she know that? GAH! ...lol.

TheBoss 2 years, 3 months ago

But have your camara ready to take a pic of the sunrise or a BMW head lights

Spike 2 years, 3 months ago

She isn't talented unless she was putting her makeup on and smoking a cigarette too.

rock 2 years, 3 months ago

Don't forget the coffee cup on the dash, and looking in the back to check on her child!

Shinedownfan 2 years, 3 months ago

I got this email this morning, it must be about the squawker: This morning on the By-pass, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph, with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner. I looked away for a couple seconds... to continue shaving and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup. As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much; I dropped My electric shaver which knocked the donut out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear, which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed and burned “Big Jim and the Twins”, ruined my damn phone, soaked my pants and disconnected an important call! Dang women drivers!

darnette0101 2 years, 3 months ago

Totally hilarious!!! Darn men drivers! LOL

Amazed2 2 years, 3 months ago

True Story!! I was driving in Charleston and traffic slowed on the interstate and a guy in a Chevy Suburban almost ran into my rear. I watched him approx and hoped he could stop. He did barely missing me. As traffic began to move I changed lanes and he was beside me. I noticed he has on the dash a GPS unit, a radar detector. Mounted to the console somekind of bracket to hold his full-size laptop which he had open and apparently operating. He had his phone to his left ear talking to someone and he was obviously taking his eyes off the road for a few seconds at the time to stroke the laptop keyboard with his right hand. I was amazed at the idiot so I tapped may horn and gave him a hand gesture like what's up??? He looked at me and just smiled. Crazy !!! Phones are one thing but Laptops and texting are just an ACCIDENT waiting to happen.

waltspecht 2 years, 3 months ago

Any thing that distracts a Driver's attention, is a potential accident causing problem. Be it a Cell Phone, Lip stick, Razor, Coffee, Big Mac or a cold beer.