Squawk of the day - Jan. 11, 2012

"Elvis Presley would have turned 77 this past weekend. I can see him on the stage today shaking those hip replacements."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

I'll tell you what needs a replacement........the current President. He's so shaky the country's going to the Hound Dogs. If he gets re-elected next November, I'll have a Blue Christmas in 2012 for sure. $5 Trillion in debt and counting......we'll all be living In The Ghetto in four more years.

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 6 months ago

Look around you...we already live there.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 6 months ago

This is hilarious! (but it's sad that it's so true) Ruby, I'm beginning to really like you!

erudite 2 years, 6 months ago

So sister, do you have any solutions or just complaints? You do know that he did not do this himself; Reagan tripled the national debt in 8 years. What were subsequent presidents to do?

Jacob 2 years, 6 months ago

Comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? Read the first seven words again, slowly...

erudite 2 years, 6 months ago

I was thinking a bit more critically. Replacing is not a solution. We replace very 4 or 8 years; we are still in the toilet. I was curious as to what would the replacement do that was any different

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

To add $5 Trillion in debt in 3 years with no sign of letting up (as Obama has proudly done) in a declining economy.........that takes real talent. We've almost caught up with Greece in debt to GDP ratio. Have you noticed how things are going over there?

One thing's for sure....the country's not heading to Graceland any time soon.

firefly 2 years, 6 months ago

I have a solution: all politics take pay cuts and actually have to start working for their money instead of giving away ours!

Parent 2 years, 6 months ago

What does the President have to do with a Squawk about Elvis?

Shinedownfan 2 years, 6 months ago

Ruby's squawk has a lot to do about Elvis... see them three song names?

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 6 months ago

Both Elvis and the President had people screaming insanely about their talents.

Amazed2 2 years, 6 months ago

Sister_Ruby's comparison of OBAMA to Elvis at age 77 is obvious. Prior to his death Elvis was on drugs, out of touch with reality and delusional. Today at age 77 he would have dementia and not have a clue as where he is are or what to do. Elvis would be wearing Adult Diapers and dependent on his staff to keep him as clean as possible and his Hips would be so bad that he would be as shakey as this current OBAMA economy.

rock 2 years, 6 months ago

It appears you described Obama as he sits in his office.

Sally_O 2 years, 6 months ago

People always said I had a suspicious mind, Well I've been suspicious of Obumma even before he became president.

justme 2 years, 6 months ago

Elvis was and still is the KING OF ROCK AND ROLL!!!! Slamming the President here is not going to solve anything. You folks need to quit crying with a pork chop in your mouth. I could be wrong but seems like most of you are frustated republicans, just remember this after the next election, makes no difference who gets the white house.

LOOK AT YOUR PAYCHECK AND COMPARE IT TO THE ONE YOU GOT LAST FRIDAY.

Go smoke a joint or take your prescription drugs and enjoy the day.

Sally_O 2 years, 6 months ago

The people smoking the joints were the ones that voted Obumma in. Hopefully Daffy Duck will become president, can't be any quackier than the bird we have in there now. BTW I am a democrat, and I didn't vote for Obumma.

Amazed2 2 years, 6 months ago

I didn't get a paycheck last week!! Don't need one to live here!!! I moved to Albany cause you folks have the best Obama Programs in the nation here, My kids get free lunch, I get paid unemployment and don't even have to look for a job, I get to live in some of the finest federally subsidized housing in the Obama nation, my get a good education cause they always make good on the CRCT exams. I don't have to feel ashamed like I did when I lived in another city. Them folks kind of looked down on me but here you all have made me feel quite welcome and like a member of the community. Why here we have School Principals and School Board members on assistance so it is great to be here. Heck if my unemployment and food stamps ever run out and I don't think they will then I can always borrow $100,000 from the City to buy me a resturant of something to get me by. Don't need no collateral and heck if I can't pay it back I don't even have to feel ashamed either. I mean like the former head of ATI I think still owes a bunch of money. And the City always is hiring those kind folks and putting them in charge of these programs to help people like me so we don't have to actually meet all the rules. Like I said who needs a paycheck to live in Albany I am just so happy that we found this place to call home.

Amazed2 2 years, 6 months ago

Oh yea "Justme" I alway vote Democrat like you so my benefits keep on coming.

justme 2 years, 6 months ago

Excuse me people but I am a regestired republican, thanks. The good thing about this forum is that sometimes we get different views on the same subject.

Most important here folks is that sometime we let our mouth overload our rearend. This shows everyone reading the class of people we have here in Albany..................

Abytaxpayer 2 years, 6 months ago

ROFLMO The only way “justme” could be a Republican is if he smoked one of his joints and was so stoned he checked the WRONG box. Isn’t that correct ? Sorry I meant to say : Am not that thar right homes?

Amazed2 2 years, 6 months ago

Amen!! I could have not said those words any better.

Amazed2 2 years, 6 months ago

Justime?? If we are all below yo class then why are you her with us.

joelhd 2 years, 4 months ago

That was too funny, but also reality. If the State woud impose the same laws as FLA, all welfare , food stamp recipients would have to undergo drug testing. We are paying for their services out of tax dollars,while they go out and deal and use drugs. I'll bet I-95 & I-75 coming out of FLA are jam packed with the druggies wanting to come to GA where there is no testing.....yet.I could go on &on , but I won't ....you all know who you are... MR ESCALADE, MS MERCEDES