Squawk of the Day - Jan. 23, 2012

"If I had to be on food stamps, I would make sure I did not get pregnant and bring a child into this world who I could not support and care for."

Comments

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 11 months ago

You miss the point==they get babies BECAUSE they get food stamps. The more babies, the more taxpayer dollars they get. One is an accident, two or more are deliberate actions to get more free money.

Susan123 2 years, 11 months ago

You hit the nail on the head!!

Shinedownfan 2 years, 11 months ago

I know this has nothing to do with this Squawk, but does anyone know what happened to Supersquawker? I miss his funny and entertaining comments...

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 11 months ago

A friend of a friend of a friend told a friend of mine that Supersquawker got his/her login handle and email link confused somehow within the Herald's login/linking process and cannot login anymore as Supersquawker. Don't ask me how it happened 'cause I don't know.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks Ruby. (friend of a friend told a friend... you brought a smile to my face!)

TheBoss 2 years, 11 months ago

I hate it when somebody squawks on the squawk of the day that has nothing to do with squawk and changes the direction of the squawk. So if the squawker wants to edit their squawk to be in line and have someting to do with the squawk then this Squawker would understand.....

waltspecht 2 years, 11 months ago

First you have to get the Social Workers, Preachers and School Counselors to quit teaching the participants how to work the system in their favor. Then you need to teach personal responsibility, something sadly lacking in many program participants. In other words, the Schools, Churches and DFACS need to be the Parent these people never had. Not teach them to facilitate the maximum return from the system.

Cartman 2 years, 11 months ago

The squawk is an expression of personal responsibility - a notion which is unfortunately foreign to many. By providing permanent "benefits" to the poor, we rob them of their incentive to better themselves. In short, we manufacture more poor people. I fear that as a nation, we are past the tipping point. It's a faucet that cannot be turned off without fighting in the streets. That makes it a bribe for peace. One day the price will simply be too high. The leeches will have killed their host. May God help us.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 11 months ago

The Bible say it like this (look it up if you don't believe me):

"The leech has two daughters. 'Give! Give! they cry.'" God Said It!

Abytaxpayer 2 years, 11 months ago

This is a product of unscrupulous Politicians who under the disguise of giving a hand up they are in fact only using handouts to buy a segment of our society and their votes. If the bleeding hearts really wanted to help people they would give incentives to help a person improve themselves which would lead to higher self esteem and personal responsibility. Truly informed self-sufficient free thinking people are harder for the Politicians to control while on the other hand uninformed people with no sense of personal responsibility are easily controlled by the Politicians who control their financial futures. ie Vote for me or the other guy will take the “Benefits you are entitled to” so to guaranty your checks you have to vote for me.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 11 months ago

Yes my Brother..............the proof of what you say is contained in the tax returns of the "do-gooder" Liberals. They rarely give more than 1% of their (usually very large) incomes to charitable causes. That's why we all define a liberal Democrat as "somebody who is very generous with other people's money". Just look at the Obama's tax returns and you will see. Or John Kerry or any other "Liberal Do-Gooder". You'll see. "He who has eyes, let him see!"