Two teens arrested on entering auto charges

From left, Austin Bentley and Clifford Vansant

From left, Austin Bentley and Clifford Vansant

LEESBURG, Ga. -- An 18-year-old and a 17-year-old were booked into the Lee County Jail after their involvement in multiple entering auto incidents.

Lee County Chief Deputy Lewis Harris said that a call came in from a concerned neighbor at 11:30 p.m. Sunday on Willow Lake Drive in Leesburg regarding what appeared to be two people going into vehicles and stealing items.

"A gentleman called us (in reference to the entering autos)," Harris said. "A deputy on site got out on foot while another deputy followed him in his vehicle with his lights off.

"They were caught red-handed."

The two arrested were Austin Bentley, 18, and Clifford Vansant, 17. When deputies caught up to them shortly after midnight on Monday, one of them had their hand in a purse they found in the vehicle they were entering at the time.

In all, there was $600 worth of items stolen, all of which was recovered. The vehicles that the pair hit were unlocked, Harris said.

Harris also said that Bentley and Vansant, each charged with three counts of entering auto, admitted to going into the vehicles.

The pair were found with masks, gloves and hoodies on. At least one of the two lives in the neighborhood they were victimizing, Harris said.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

Just give them a year's supply of Proactiv. That should take care of they main problems.

treymlp111 2 years, 2 months ago

you need ta be quiet that is my cousin you probably look worse so you cant be talkin just if you cant comment with about talking how people look you just need to get off for real

treymlp111 2 years, 2 months ago

that is my freakin cousin you are talkin about and yes my cousin is austin bently so you can just stop freakin gossipin i mean you probly sitting in front off your computer talkin about people just so you can get you freakin mind off yourself so just get off if you cant stop talking about other people family!!!! so think about it and just get off i mean really !!! go look at yourselff you probly tlkin but you got 3 times as many bumps but really that is un necessary wow it shows how freaking childish you are just get off and stop freakin tlkin about peoples family!!!!!!

Shinedownfan 2 years, 2 months ago

Is this for real? She didnt say anything about families... just their complexion.

tywebb 2 years, 2 months ago

so, do you want her to get off??? don't beat around the bush...just come out and say it!!! that was funny ruby

Outtahere 2 years, 2 months ago

Just to let you know I am a pretty attractive and I don't have to get my mind off myself!! Also, I have GREAT skin that I take care of!!! Talk about childish - GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!! By the way - I thought about your comment (because that is what you wanted me to do) and I still say Sister Ruby - that was hilarious!!!!

chinaberry25 2 years, 2 months ago

They will spend a good amount of time in jail since they have no money. If their parents are smart, they will leave them for a while.

waltspecht 2 years, 2 months ago

Unfortunately, these days jail can mean a death sentence from AIDS. Somehow the prison officials have got to take back control of the prisons and make them safe for all inmates.

Sally_O 2 years, 2 months ago

A simple cure to that is to not commit a crime to get in jail in the first place.

Sally_O 2 years, 2 months ago

Once again, people leaving doors unlocked and valuables inside to get stolen. So stupid...people just refuse to learn. Glad they got caught.

Sally_O 2 years, 2 months ago

Somebody needs to hook up the car doors with an electric wire, then when these car burglars go to open the door they will get the shock of their life.

Outtahere 2 years, 2 months ago

I agree!! And while they lay there recovering, hopefully the police will be on their way!

Black_Falcon 2 years, 2 months ago

Wow...no mention of an entitlement mentality or these two being morally bankrupt. I'm surprised!

waltspecht 2 years, 2 months ago

Anyone that steals has an entitlement mentality. They think they are entitled to your stuff, and their taking it. On the other subject, the government is taking your stuff and giving it to those they think deserve it.

ObjectiveEyes 2 years, 2 months ago

Very well said, Mr. Specht, very well said

Jacob 2 years, 2 months ago

Wow. Race card. Who would have thunk it?