Police respond to gun incidents

ALBANY, Ga. -- A 30-year-old Albany man was shot in the arm when he opened his door early Monday morning, Albany Police Department officials say.

Officers responded to 610 Burke Ave. about 2:30 a.m. Monday. A gunman reportedly knocked on the door and, when the victim answered, the gunman made demands of the victim -- after which the victim was shot in the left arm, officials said.

Officials did not elaborate on what demands were made.

The gunshot victim, identified as Corey Jackson, was wounded as he was attempting to shut the door, police officials said, based on Jackson's account.

Police officials said Jackson was transported to an Albany hospital for treatment. Spokesmen for both Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital and Phoebe North said Monday afternoon there was no patient by the name of Corey Jackson in their respective facilities.

There was another aggravated assault incident involving a gun that took place on the 400 block of Alice Avenue about 4 a.m. Sunday. Because the incident was an open domestic dispute case, the full report was not available Monday, APD officials said.

Comments

waltspecht 1 year, 9 months ago

Get the Police, and their dogs, out on the street. If nothing else, just to scare certain folks away from making a habit of carrying guns. The Dog, not the Police person can spot or sniff a gun from inside an air conditioned cruiser.

ontario1966 1 year, 9 months ago

I Am a CCW Holder and I open carry and I conceal my weapon. The Crooks and the Felons are not going to be scared off because of police presents or a dog? It just take more of the community to come together, and police to be more aggressive in what they do. I have always never carried my weapon in the past, never had a need for it, but after moving to this area around Albany, I feel I need to protect myself, my family and my property.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

I have said it before....Why do people answer the door that late at night? It's not Uncle Bill or Aunt Martha visiting you that late at night.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

What percentage of police are on duty during midnight to 8am? Where are they patrolling? Some changes might be warranted.

ontario1966 1 year, 9 months ago

At that late at night don't call 911? Call Krispy Cream for a faster response.

waltspecht 1 year, 9 months ago

Be nice, even Krispy Kream locks the doors at 11 PM and only has drive up service.