Squawk of the day - July 3, 2012

"We spend $750,000 for arches, $1.5 million for signs, money to civil rights museum, money to RiverQuarium, the Civic Center, the auditorium, the failed apartment complexes, the $2 million lost in the school lunch program, and the list goes on and on. You want to raise my taxes and expect me to vote myself another tax increase?"

Comments

chinaberry25 1 year, 9 months ago

This tax increase is for E-SPLOSH and taxes to fix roads. It has a special purpose. Yeah right. So does the other tax that is being diverted. Some of the items above were funded by the state, not Dougherty Co. But yes, they expect you to vote for it. They give money to mundane things and take away something that folks do use, like the libraries. You decide, bumpy roads or free computer use to folks who pay very little in taxes.

waltspecht 1 year, 9 months ago

That is why you and everyone else that has bothered to register has got to get out and VOTE!

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Only in Albany--look at it like this, the tax increase will be going to give King Murfree and his court jesters pay raises, too. You get what you pay for!

tocar 1 year, 9 months ago

These figures just confirm some of the reckless decisions our commissioners have made. The tacky arches really took the cake. Vote all of these morons out.

country1 1 year, 9 months ago

This is a Special tax, to be used to fix highways, bridges, etc. Read the information that is on the ballot. It will help your kids and grandkids, if not you. It will not go to anything in the local governments. Do your homework! And BTW, it is SPLOST, not SPLOSH. Special Local Option Sales Tax....!

bubbavet 1 year, 9 months ago

Keep on drinking your Obama aid "Fool"

bigbob 1 year, 9 months ago

So you saying its alright to waste SPLOST money recklessly. You must be a commisioner to write such a dumb comment.

Clif 1 year, 9 months ago

I'll say it again, if the world was going to get an enema, they would stick it in in Albany. Glad I left. The only thing I hate is I still send a large chunk of my money there.

nofreeloader 1 year, 9 months ago

T-SPLOST gets my vote. It will create jobs.Better roads , bridges , sidewalks. Spur the lagging economy in Dougherty co. Sounds like a win win to me.