DCSS IT employee out on bail

ALBANY -- An information technology applications support specialist with the Dougherty County School System on Tuesday turned herself in at the Dougherty County Sheriff's Office. Nanette Marie Hagood was freed on $7,500 bail after being booked downtown, a Dougherty County Jail spokeswoman said.

Hagood was indicted June 27 on five felony counts -- theft by taking, financial transaction card theft, financial transaction card fraud, computer theft and computer forgery.

The grand jury indictment states that Hagood unlawfully obtained property from the Dougherty County School Board, obtained a financial transaction card with the intent of defrauding the owner and used the card for the purpose of obtaining money. It also accuses Hagood of computer theft by using the card with the intent of appropriating money and charges Hagood with creating, altering and deleting a tangible document, committing forgery.

Comments

chinaberry25 2 years ago

She will be back to work next week or over at Isabella.

MLTharpe 2 years ago

It's very strange the great Mr.District Attorney haven't said anything or been on the news degradining this person . Oh we forgot she's white my bag but crime is crime just like sin is sin. At least that is the way it is with God but we forgot the District attorney and juridical system in Dougherty County is God for certain people.when God comes back I wonder what will these Christians that runs juridical system excuse be oh that was my friend, oh no God they weren't the right color' oh I just didn't like them,oh I wanted to make any example out of them thank you God for being in charge because you will have the last word no matter what we sy or write in the squawk box because only you know the truth and can see our hearts thank you for being in charge . Be not deceived for God is not mocked whatsoever ever a man sow he shall rep it just kep living Thank you for bing ho you are and the ruler of all no matter what we think!

Sister_Ruby 2 years ago

Wow another product of DCSS with Honors in English Composition no doubt!

sowegap 1 year, 4 months ago

Sis. Ruby, I once worked with a woman who was so proud that she had graduated from college and let everyone know it. I read some of her reports and was surprised that she graduated from high school without fundamental grammar basics. What really shocked me was that before you could graduate from Georgia public university or college you had to pass the Regents exam. I passed it my first time taking it and know some people who could never writing part of it, and I still wonder how she did it. so the person above could actually be a college graduate (I always figured she was telling a fib). Scary isn't it? Oh and I don't think that she was a product of the DCSS.

guest123 2 years ago

I'm real surprise at you ML Tharpe. Didn't realize you were such a racist. What's color got to do with this.... Again, the narrow minds of the people in the DCSS.

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

Yep, I guessed it right, this is MLTharpe's very first comment... next time, you REALLY need to proof your "paragraph" before posting.

bubbavet 2 years ago

Gots to be kin to coach and ru-reel

MRKIA 2 years ago

PLEASE, TAKE SOME REMEDIAL ENGLISH CLASSES AND COME BACK WITH A READABLE COMMENT.

FlunkyMonkey 2 years ago

Isn't a requirement for working with the school system passing "Breaking the Law and Keeping Your Job 101"? Another one gets caught. By the way, ML Tharpe--your racism is showing!! Didn't know this was a white person and it doesn't matter to me if she is purple. She broke the law...therefore she should be dismissed and prosecuted.. Oh wait, Velvet Riggins is still drawing a paycheck...hmmmmm

guest123 2 years ago

Not all employees break the law and not all are racist. What a sad system we have but there are alot of good things in the DCSS they just never report the good stuff.

chinaberry25 2 years ago

No, Velvet does not work for DCSS. She is an elected official, so governor has to relieve her. Or voters at election time.

skipper 2 years ago

I'm shocked that the Herald chose not to post a pic, since they do with all of accuser of crime. Shame on you Herald! O' I doubt she will be back to work anytime soon. She is not contracted but salary and can be fire on the spot. What ashame she could not handle her finances and had to steal from the poor students of this county.

coachjohnson42 2 years ago

I was wondering why Terry and the gang didn't post a picture......ok....I get it now...

Support 2 years ago

The Herald posted Gloria Baker mug shot, you posted Velvet Riggins mug shot too. Why you have not posted Nanette Hagood picture Terry?

rrats1 2 years ago

Thank you guest123, I agree 100%. How about some praise for the honest, hard working employees of DCSS. It's sad that a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years ago

Well, this person is innocent until proven guilty. The commenters that blogs selective comments, will throw mud at the commenters who speak fact's, while avoiding the subject matter.

We need to play fair, we go all speed ahead for some, then we move like turtles for others.

We know the strong can handle it, and the weak cannot, or we simply dont care.

coachjohnson42 2 years ago

Your right Bubba.....lets see what happens

Meg_R 2 years ago

Oh my MLTharpe. Your DCSS reading and writing levels are showing their true colors.

It's not a matter of what color this person skin is. It's what they did as a person. Please do give the color scam. Notice that the people you cry out someone is being racist is usually at fault also.

Please also keep in mind the definition of a Racist and Racism.

Racist-Someone or some being that believes their "Race" is superior to other races.

Racism-Is simply being able to point the differences in ethnic groups.

willie 2 years ago

Forget the race game, the real thing here is, why hasn't the D.A. put a task force to investigate what seems to be an unwitting conspiracy of business as usual.

It might not be right but everybody does it.............