Squawk of the day - July 4, 2012

"This is in response to the squawker asking when will fathers grow up and give up video games. I would like to know that as well, and when will they turn the TV off and get off of their cell phones and give their children quality time?"

Comments

VSU 2 years, 5 months ago

There are worse things he could be doing, like sitting in a bar all day and night drinking his life away, he could be out committing crimes and spending most of his life in prison, he could be cheating on you with another woman while you think he is out working, he could be a wife beater or child molester or he could........

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

assume the responsibilities of raising his family. Beyond raising his children with love and care everyother choice is in the dim distance in so far as parenting go.

fishmongerswife 2 years, 5 months ago

Way back in the day, my mother did not work and my father worked two jobs to support a family of six. He did not drink, smoke, hang out with his friends, or have any affairs that I am aware of. He did, however, spend most of his downtime out in the yard tending the garden, seeing to the animals, and hoping that he could keep busy enough so he would not have to listen to my mother's nagging. I love my father!! Having a man put down his toys does not not mean he will be a better father. Some mothers are around their children all day, but that does not make them a good parent. I interacted with my father about a half hour a day, my mother all day when not in school. Who did I have more "quality" time with? My dad, hands down.

chinaberry25 2 years, 5 months ago

At least he is home where he belongs. Not left with another woman who cannot make it on her own and take food out of his babies mouths. When you state it like that, she is no good either. We do not live in a society that trains the males to take charge like the old timers. Could it be the hand that rocks the cradle?

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 5 months ago

I must comment on the STUPIDEST SQUAWK OF THE DAY, the one that compares buying auto insurance to Obamacare mandated health insurance. Please use the brains God gave you. 1. Driving is a priviledge and several criteria must be met before you may legally excercise the priviledge to drive a car. In contrast, being alive is just being alive. 2. The law forces you to buy insurance to drive a car. Yes but what kind of insurance? It does NOT force you to insure yourself from accident or injury!!! You only must, by law, insure against damage and injury to OTHERS in the case of an accident caused by YOU!! You are perfectly free by law NOT to insure yourself against injury or damages to yourself or your car caused by yourself. 3. Yes Obama Himself used the same example that you did hoping that enough people were stupid enough to NOT THINK, NOT REALIZE THE STUPIDITY OF THE EXAMPLE, and who were so deep in the Obama KOOL-AID that they would accept it hook line and sinker. Congratulations, squawker, that's YOU.

WestsideMike 2 years, 5 months ago

If you think not having medical insurance only effects you then I guess you will vote for Ritt Money...

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 5 months ago

Great job missing the point, Mike.

VSU 2 years, 5 months ago

Perhaps she is jealous because her kids spend more time with dad than they do with her. Just because he plays video games doesn't mean he is not supporting his family. Yardwork can be done once a week. If a man works hard at a stressful job why not take some time relaxing playing video games. As far as cell phones, I am sure mom spends half her day on the phone talking or texting back and forth.