Man wins $400K ahead of holiday

ALBANY, Ga. – One Albany man is celebrating a plentiful Georgia Lottery prize. William Posey, 21, won a $400,000 top prize playing the instant game $400,000 Grant.

The winner claimed his prize Monday at Georgia Lottery headquarters in Atlanta.

According to Posey, he purchased a ticket and scratched the middle line first, discovering he won.

“I was wide open,” the father of four recalled. “I could have jumped over a fence.”

Fast Lane Food Mart, located at 3000 Sylvester Road in Albany, sold the winning ticket.

“I’m going to put this toward something good like (investments) for my kids,” Posey shared. “I want to buy a car, a truck and a new home.”

Comments

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

Yup, taxes will take almost half and 200K don't buy much these days.

agirl_25 2 years ago

Congrats, Mr. Posey. Just be careful and don't listen to those "well meaning friends and neighbors", or even family members, who think they know what is best for you to do with the winnings. You have 4 children and a great opportunity to provide for their future so please get professional financial help. You would be surprised at how your life will be rewarded in time. I speak from experience, and time is something that we all hate, it seems to drag on forever and once the time is up we cannot believe the rewards.....we sigh and say...my gosh it was worth the wait. You cannot imagine how happy I am for you and your family, especially your children and I hope for them a very bright future.

Sister_Ruby 2 years ago

Welcome to the "One Percent". Please let us know how that works out for you after Obama subtracts "Your fair share" and oh don't forget the State of Georgia.

Herald, please do a follow-up interview so we can get the real story on how the "Fair Share" feels.

skilletsdirt 2 years ago

He's 21 and already has 4 children? Wonder if they are with the same woman? If not, his money is already gone.

alleebrin 2 years ago

Car, truck and a new home! My, oh my, he must think he's won 4 MILLION DOLLARS! Sounds like the jackpot found a true winner! Happy for his good luck and would hope there's someone around who can advise...Geez!

Sister_Ruby 2 years ago

Why do we celebrate somebody who made a large sum of money by luck versus doing something to earn it? And we punish and hate people who have worked hard and become rich? Doesn't sound like the America we all thought we loved.