Squawk of the Day - July 15, 2012

"I am sick of women in business and sales positions not dressing appropriately for their profession. Business suits, dresses and hosiery are not obsolete."

Comments

PatrickY2K 2 years, 3 months ago

I'm ready for a positive squawk. Those are allowed, right?

jchambers89 2 years, 3 months ago

Positive squawks don't get 50+ responses of people arguing about race, politics, and Obamacare. So probably not.

Kenny36 2 years, 3 months ago

And those pregnant ones that wear those tight tops and dresses. Nasty looking...just nasty !

tocar 2 years, 3 months ago

Both men and women need to dress appropriately for their professions.

FryarTuk 2 years, 3 months ago

I haven't seen a lot of inappropriate dress around. I agree that every one should put their best foot forward, so to speak. If you know of some place in particular where female employees are showing a lot of sinful flesh or something just pass it along. I think I ought to check it out and file a report.

waltspecht 2 years, 3 months ago

Are you involved in retail sales of women's clothing? Or are you simply addressing a fetish? How about French Maids Uniforms? Then there was Hooters.

Jimboob 2 years, 3 months ago

That was then, this is now...

jchambers89 2 years, 3 months ago

Truth hurts, huh squawker moderator?

LeesburgLady 2 years, 3 months ago

try to turn around in a line at Walmart. and get a faceful of some woman's chest. ugh.

ustaknow 2 years, 3 months ago

Somebody is bored bored bored to make a squawk like that

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

We had all these squawks about guys aka idiots with their sagging pants, I guess they had to address the improper dressing of women to make it even.

rock 2 years, 3 months ago

This is just another sqawk made somebody who cannot escape the 40' and 50's. It is this type of person who keeps their head in the sand and not raise with the times. Good thing is they will all be dead shortly and will not have to worry about or accept that life and styles are dynamic and not static. If they had their way women would still be in full length dresses and men would wear suits and hats to shovel manure out of the yard. I am glad we progress or I would be stuck in a coal mine since my families legacy was the mines and all females we just brood mares and cooks.

coachjohnson42 2 years, 3 months ago

Yes, this was a pretty weak squawk. Sometimes we worry about the wrong things....

chinaberry25 2 years, 3 months ago

All said and done, people undlings will treat with more respect if you dress for the part. Look successful, to be successful. And do not cut down the 40's and 50's. Look at those girls and their hairdos. They are some of the most beautiful people who have ever lived. They are satisfied with what God gave them. They do not feel they have to dye it ungodly colors or pierce their noses or God forbid a tattoo. Tattoo were started by the pagan Egyptians. Placed there to worship their pagan gods.

erudite 2 years, 3 months ago

Why are they pagan gods? They were just gods. I am guessing that you are christian; your god did not exist then, sorry. Akenahten, the Pharaoh and husband of Nefertiti, parents of King Tut, brought monotheism to Egypt, the Sun god Ra. Then all traces of he and Nefertiti were scratched from the walls and tombs, King Tut's name was changed from Tutenaken to Tutenamun because the priests wanted the gods back.

Outtahere 2 years, 3 months ago

It's funny to me how everyone was so ready to discuss how nasty sagging pants are but not agree that women show too much skin as well. I have to agree with the post and think that this issue is important. As a professional woman, I notice this all the time. I have seen women wear tights as pants! That is not professional and in fact should not be allowed in the work place. Save that outfit for the weekend when you are off the clock!

Clyde 2 years, 3 months ago

Our work places would be more productive if all men and women wore the common dress code of the Amish. It would help with equality. It's unfair that a female that purposely wears a low cut blouse showing lots of cleavage gets promoted faster when the leader is a man.

erudite 2 years, 3 months ago

Is it not the man's fault for his inability to keep his testosterone in check?