ASU football set to kick off season with reception

Albany State football coach Mike White.

Albany State football coach Mike White.

ALBANY — Albany State University will officially kick off the 2012 football season during its annual preseason reception July 27.

ASU football fans and supporters are invited to meet and greet the football coaches and hear exciting information about the 2012 season at the 13th annual Preseason Football Reception and Press Conference at 5:30 p.m. at Eula Lovett Hall at the Albany State University Coliseum.

Head coach Mike White and his assistant coaches will give a preview of and answer questions about the Rams’ upcoming season. Guests will also get to meet and greet several ASU football players.

The reception, which is free of charge and open to members of the Quarterback Club and Rams football fans, is the official start of the 2012 season, according to head coach Mike White.

“Our preseason reception has become a Golden Ram tradition. It is a great opportunity to thank our fans for supporting us during the season and solicit support for our 2012 campaign, which promises a lot of excitement,” White said. “We fell short of our goals last season, but we look to be very competitive in the battle for the 2012 (conference) and national championship titles.”

White will also make an appearance at the conference’s Annual Football Media Luncheon on Tuesday at the Occasions Event Center in Tucker at 12:30 p.m.

The Rams, who lost the conference championship title to Miles and made their eighth consecutive appearance in the NCAA Division II national playoffs, will open the 2012 season at home on Sept. 1 in a non-conference matchup against 2011 playoff foe North Greenville University.

Comments

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

The Rams will probably go undefeated this year playing all those weak teams, particularly since VSU is not on the schedule.

hotdog 2 years, 3 months ago

You really seem to have a problem with people of color and ASU don't you?

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

You're delusional! You don't know me and you don't know what you are talking about. As I said before, get back in your bun and keep quiet. Besides I wasn't talking to you, I was poking fun at my buddy coachjohnson, so mind your own business.

hotdog 2 years, 3 months ago

I go by your posts....and will respond whenever I so desire....u did not specify whom you were talking to.....and I stand by my comment...on another note, hope quarterback situation gets resolved.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

I don't see why you say I hate black people, sure some posts are questionable, but not one post have I stated that I hate black people. Just because I dislike crooked people, people that don't want to work or do nothing but rob and shoot people doesn't mean i dislike the black race. I have said a number of times, i respect anybody as long as they are good citizens and work to make something of their lives, but don't ask me to respect some bum with his pants hanging down below his behind that never has worked or intends to work a day in their lives. If people are nice to me, I'll be nice to them or if they want to be a jerk, I can be a jerk. Just like coachjohnson42, we cut each other down, but it is out of fun and joking rather than hate. I am not the evil person you perceive me to be. I just like honest people.

Hawk59 2 years, 3 months ago

Hotdog see right through your comments, just like I do. And you take the bait every time. No one said that you hate Black people, and we know that you would not admit it. But the consistency of your post say otherwise. Stop trying to explain yourself, because you only solidify what we already know. You do have a problem with people of color. So save all of that bologna for your next sandwich!

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

Go eat A hot dog, because you don't know me either. You just worry about stuff that happens in Florida.

Somebody 2 years, 3 months ago

Personally Hawk59 I think you and Hotdog are the same person. Why hide under a different name? Why not just be yourself instead of trying to be a different person? BTW your comment should be "Hotdog sees through" not "Hotdog see through" I told Hotdog (aka Hawk59) last week that I found it odd he would write the same comments word for word, letter by letter that you wrote. A black man posing as a white man, what a hypocrit. You tell VSU that Hotdog sees (or in your case see) right through his comments, while I see right through you as well.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

Hotdog see right through...let me correct that....Hotdog sees right through my comments huh? Just like you do, so you say. You and Hotdog must be pretty close friends, really close....maybe even the same person. At least that is what the rumor is. Hawk59 Black man, Hotdog White man, Guess it's really hard to decide who one wants to be these days.

Hawk59 2 years, 3 months ago

Why does these accusations sound familiar? Oh yes, I remember some one making the same claim against Coach, and Bubbavet. So if more than one person disagree with your statement, you claim the two are the same? You want to attack my character and credibility, because my views are so different from yours? I personally don't care what you country boys think. You better be careful starting false rumors, didn't your parents teach you better. And get used to strong, secure, smart, and successful Black men telling you like it is. And not just agreeing with your dumba$$ comments.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

Can't take the fact you got busted can you? I don't care that you don't care.

dominiquedamac 2 years, 3 months ago

You don't know what you are talking about. North Greenville is not weak. Hell, they blowed out ASU last year in the first round. Wingate should be good this year, too.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

Don't know what I am talking about? Show me on the schedule where ASU is playing VSU

hotdog 2 years, 3 months ago

Guess playing fvsu shorter Edward waters makes your schedule strong...

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

VSU beats ASU everytime they play them (At all sports, not just football). That's competition!