Squawk of the Day - July 20, 2012

"I started my business on a kitchen table, have moved to a commercial building that I own and paid for, and have several employees. Obama says the government must have helped me. I never saw one thing from the government. They must have mailed the check to the wrong address."

Comments

chinaberry25 1 year, 9 months ago

Good for you and hope you can keep up the good work!

waltspecht 1 year, 9 months ago

Now I hope you aren't saying the President of the United States would be trying to create a false impression of a successful individual such as yourself, are you?

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Careful, the help that might be offered in the future could be a TAX disguised a mandate--oh wait, isn't that what happened with Obamacare? KUDOS to you for having the grit and determination to start your own business and then succeed at that business. Where is it located?

RedEric 1 year, 9 months ago

Capitalism makes progressives nervous. They think it is chaotic. No one can predict what capitalism is going to produce in the next few months or years. Capitalism has people distributed throughout income levels depending on individual intellect effort and luck. Progressives believe that is just not right. They believe that if everyone was on the same income level we would then have worker paradise. The ruling elite would, of course, need to be on an elevated level so as to manage the rest of us more effectively. I've seen this movie...it doesn't turn out well. Capitalism is hard and some are left behind, but progressivism/socialism/communism has killed more by far than any other 'ism'.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

And thanks to your comment, the IRS will be auditing you this coming tax season. Enjoy!!

watchman 1 year, 9 months ago

You are one of the exceptional one, because a lot of business people do enjoy tax breaks and other subsidies at the public trough. This is why there are lobbyists of nearly all kind beating down some congress person door. As for "Capitalism," it is the first cousin of use the loop holes implanted in the system.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

......." said Barack Obama and Karl Marx.

RedEric 1 year, 9 months ago

Said the graduate of our liberal school system.

GeorgiaAl 1 year, 9 months ago

I operated a successful business with 3 employees for 10 years... I never saw anything he mentioned. Fact is, Government was the reason I got out, fees, paperwork, regulations...... I couldn't get my work done for the time it took to "comply".... I sold it and it went under 6 months later.....

alleebrin 1 year, 9 months ago

Young folks nowadays want to start at the top!! They expect to have a big house, big SUV and their children before they are secure in a job that will afford them these luxuries. Somewhere along the line reality has slipped through the cracks!

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

True, a lot of young people don't want the entry level jobs, they want to start out as manager and CEO of the company. They don't want to have to do all that work to make it to the top.

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 9 months ago

VSU so true but why should they even think they need to start at entry level? Look at what our society is teaching them.

DCSS is a good example: Hire the bottom of the barrel with no experience and no qualifications and not even certified to do the job, then pay a big salary and pay for a tutor to help him get a certificate so he can keep his job.

And let’s not talk about their Prez he never held a job, but talked real smooth and learned how to vote present and he is now their anointed Leader. Yep the same guy with no idea how to build a business is trying to build his followers by dividing our county.

rock 1 year, 9 months ago

Where is Johnson's Moronic dribble?????

Cartman 1 year, 9 months ago

Obama would have looked at the Wright Flyer and told Orville and Wilbur, "You didn't build that."

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Less government, less problems, term limits. Vote for Ron Paul.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

FT.....don't piss away your vote. A vote for not Romney is a vote for Obama. Don't repeat the brutal mistake of the 1992 voters who voted themselves into 8 years of Clinton. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit just remembering........blehhhhh

URWrongAgain 1 year, 9 months ago

Obama didn't say that. But once again this paper prints a blatant lie attributed to the President. I'm starting to wonder.

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 9 months ago

If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. Barack Hussein Obama your Prez in his own words. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8XhQ... Now Shut Up and drink your cool-aid this is part of his dividing America.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

WOW you just can't measure the stupidity of some people.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm voting for the current President...I am still trying to recover from a war we should have never fought from a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT who screwed up.

B4it 1 year, 9 months ago

I am grateful for all of our veterans making sacrifices so that we can be FREE! I am truly sorry if you are a recovering wounded soldier. However, it is wrong to put the entire blame on President Bush. The democrats were right there with him when this decision was made based on the evidence that had been presented to Repubs and Dems at that time.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

And Obama did what when He got in office? Yep, expanded it. Fool.