Squawk of the day - July 23, 2012

"I know that it is wrong to vandalize people’s property, but by now everybody should have made up their minds who they are going to vote for. All the signs should be removed from people’s property and the roads."

Comments

VSU 2 years, 2 months ago

Don't worry, some will still be there 2 months after the day of voting is completed.

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 2 months ago

Sorry for getting of squawk, but I live in Worth County--still haven't met ANY candidates running for sheriff. If you know a candidate running for sheriff in Worth County, tell them the folks in Worth Manor want to meet the candidates also. Worth County DOES NOT stop at Doles Road. Guess our votes don't count.

chinaberry25 2 years, 2 months ago

We have not had the election yet, so this gripe is premature. Get over yourself. And NO I have not decided yet who I am going to vote for.

Progressive 2 years, 2 months ago

It should be very easy for the School Board elections. Any incumbent's name on the balot, VOTE for the other person. Incumbents for the School Board do not deserve a second chance or thought. A message must be sent that the corruption has got to stop!

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

If you want to vote for Lane Price for DoCo School Board you MUST pull a Democrat Ballot when you go to the polls! Tell everybody you know. We must be informed and not lose the opportunity to vote for Dr. Price.

redneckgourmet 2 years, 2 months ago

Why are school board elections partisan? School board memebers should not be affiliated with paties, only best qualified. Same goes for city & county commissions. But, on the other hand, how would most people around here know for whom to vote if the candidate didn't have a "D" or "R" after his/her name? Baaaa...

Shinedownfan 2 years, 2 months ago

It's so the democrats know who to vote for, if they didnt have the "D" by their name, they would actually have to do some research, and that is just too difficult!

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 2 months ago

I was wondering why I couldn't vote for Price. I pulled one the few R ballots in the Albany area.

Jimboob 2 years, 2 months ago

Velvet Riggins is unopposed for the school board. I guess being a liar and a thief are qualifications for the position. Or the people of Albany just don't care about the kids anymore. Or never did.

jglass 2 years, 2 months ago

Sister and Redneck, I agree with both of your comments.

RedEric 2 years, 2 months ago

Hey Jimboob, Riggens stole federal money, so we can sit back and see how that turns out. The results will let us know what is, if anything, left of morals and justice in our country. On the good side our state is about to disband the Sumter county school board. It could happen here

watchman 2 years, 2 months ago

To even hint at vandalizing someone property because of whatever the reason, only indicate what a shallow mind you must have. I may not like a thing but if it's on private property and it is not interfering with my well-being, it's none of my business.

tocar 2 years, 2 months ago

I see as many as 8 signs in one yard. It is distracting since it is on a corner lot and when you try to look for oncoming traffic you are unable to see.